2032R Need (want...) More Hydraulic Functions

/ 2032R Need (want...) More Hydraulic Functions #1  

Parkanzky

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 2032R
I have a 2032R and I love it. Lately, I've been thinking about adding a grapple (Probably EA's Wicked Root Grapple for compact tractors). To do that, I need another hydraulic circuit at the loader. This might also serve double-duty because I'd look into a hydraulic deflector for my front-mount snowblower.

At the same time I've been doing a decent bit of grading lately and a hydraulic top-link would be super-handy. For that, I need a rear remote.

So I called my JD dealer for a quote to do the 50 hour service, fill the tires with Rim Guard, and to find out what my options are for hydraulics.

It turns out that JD doesn't sell any sort of kit to add a third function to the loader of the 2032R. So what the dealer proposed was to add a rear remote and then route a set of hoses to the front of the loader. They want $1135 plus tax for the rear remote and "~$500" to plumb it to the front. I asked about two rear remotes, but they said that that is not available.

First, that seems really high to me. Second, this would put the grapple control on the right side and at the back. That's not ideal because I wouldn't be able to operate the grapple with my hand on the loader control. I'd have to reach back and forth.

I'm a tractor hydraulics neophyte and I'm hoping for some guidance from the experienced folks on this forum. What are my aftermarket options? Is there a way to install a third function on the loader that includes some kind of thumb switch for the grapple so that it's a one-hand on one-control operation? Is there a place I can buy a kit to add a couple of rear remotes? How hard is the install?

/ 2032R Need (want...) More Hydraulic Functions #2  
Sorry I am at work and cant elaborate more at this time..Use the search on tbn for electric over hydraulic third function,and you will most likely find all the info you need. If not I am sure someone will chime in soon..

/ 2032R Need (want...) More Hydraulic Functions #4  
I can see $1135 being about right for a rear remote hardware and labor with factory parts and dealer rates. You can do it yourself for a fraction of that, assuming you know where all the right places are for power beyond and tank return. It most likely would tap off the loader for power beyond flow. If you can find the part number for the factory kit and find instructions online, it will give you a lot of insight.

I would run the pseudo "rear remote" supply to an electric over hydraulic valve (PB capable) so that you can put the control on your joystick. Return goes back to the tank via whatever route the factory rear remote would use.

/ 2032R Need (want...) More Hydraulic Functions
These are your best options in my opinion. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

3rd function

Rear remotes.

So for the 3rd function, I'd use my loader controls as I normally do, but then push a button and the curl function would become the grapple control? Then I release the button and the loader works normally again? That's probably just the ticket for the grapple or chute deflector.

For the remotes, are the hydraulics for the 2520/2720 in that video the same as what I have in the 2032R? The 2032R isn't listed in the tractor list, but that setup is basically exactly what I'm asking for. It's expensive for something I have to install myself. I guess I'd better start saving my nickels and dimes!

Thank you for the help. You've given me a good illustration of a couple of great options.

/ 2032R Need (want...) More Hydraulic Functions #7  
I have a 2032R and I love it. Lately, I've been thinking about adding a grapple (Probably EA's Wicked Root Grapple for compact tractors). To do that, I need another hydraulic circuit at the loader. This might also serve double-duty because I'd look into a hydraulic deflector for my front-mount snowblower.

At the same time I've been doing a decent bit of grading lately and a hydraulic top-link would be super-handy. For that, I need a rear remote.

So I called my JD dealer for a quote to do the 50 hour service, fill the tires with Rim Guard, and to find out what my options are for hydraulics..

It turns out that JD doesn't sell any sort of kit to add a third function to the loader of the 2032R. So what the dealer proposed was to add a rear remote and then route a set of hoses to the front of the loader. They want $1135 plus tax for the rear remote and "~$500" to plumb it to the front. I asked about two rear remotes, but they said that that is not available.

First, that seems really high to me. Second, this would put the grapple control on the right side and at the back. That's not ideal because I wouldn't be able to operate the grapple with my hand on the loader control. I'd have to reach back and forth.

I'm a tractor hydraulics neophyte and I'm hoping for some guidance from the experienced folks on this forum. What are my aftermarket options? Is there a way to install a third function on the loader that includes some kind of thumb switch for the grapple so that it's a one-hand on one-control operation? Is there a place I can buy a kit to add a couple of rear remotes? How hard is the install?

I just added remotes myself and my setup has four remotes. www.tractorbynet.com/forums/hydraulics/329788-loader-valve-plumbed-byo-although.html

/ 2032R Need (want...) More Hydraulic Functions #8  
So for the 3rd function, I'd use my loader controls as I normally do, but then push a button and the curl function would become the grapple control? Then I release the button and the loader works normally again? That's probably just the ticket for the grapple or chute deflector.

For the remotes, are the hydraulics for the 2520/2720 in that video the same as what I have in the 2032R? The 2032R isn't listed in the tractor list, but that setup is basically exactly what I'm asking for. It's expensive for something I have to install myself. (Go to JD and ask them what it would cost, wait, you did and they couldn't or wouldn't help you.) I guess I'd better start saving my nickels and dimes!

Thank you for the help. You've given me a good illustration of a couple of great options.

As far as the 3rd function, yes that is what you end up with.

As far as the rear remotes, that is a 100% complete ready to install custom made kit for your tractor. You can have a single valve or I have done as many as 5. The valves are not economy grade valves and come with 2 of them with the float function, typically for use with a top & tilt set.

If you need to save money, shop around, just don't compare apples to oranges and expect to get the same thing.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do. :thumbsup:

/ 2032R Need (want...) More Hydraulic Functions #9  
For the remotes, are the hydraulics for the 2520/2720 in that video the same as what I have in the 2032R?

Yes, it's the same. The 2032 is just a rebadged 2720, they changed the model number to comply with the new numbering scheme JD went to.

For the grapple you mentioned, be sure to check out the new offering from Artillian as well, and of course the fork sets, nothing would fit your machine better. There are a few threads with pics over on the GTT forum.

Last edited:
   / 2032R Need (want...) More Hydraulic Functions
As far as the 3rd function, yes that is what you end up with.

As far as the rear remotes, that is a 100% complete ready to install custom made kit for your tractor. You can have a single valve or I have done as many as 5. The valves are not economy grade valves and come with 2 of them with the float function, typically for use with a top & tilt set.

If you need to save money, shop around, just don't compare apples to oranges and expect to get the same thing.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do. :thumbsup:

I didn't mean to sound like I was criticising the price. I didn't know what to expect for cost and it's a bit over my threshold for an impulse buy once I factor in the top & tilt cylinders. It looks like a fantastic solution and it's definitely on my wish-list though!