2310D - Front axel askew

/ 2310D - Front axel askew #1  

kd5hnw

Tractor
Hello all -

New again to group and have search a bit but didn't find anything I understood.

I have had a 2310 and ran great for about 20 years and then the engine 'broked' and parts went through the side of the block. Yep, it's shot. This unit had a custom FEL from Coldwater tractors. (great FEL)

I found a 2310D on Craigslist and purchased.
The unit has some wear and tear but seemed to run great.

When installing the brackets for the FEL, I noticed the front 'axel' was not straight. About 2" back on the left, and 2" forward on the right. The bracket contacts the front left tire.
The tires from the 2310 do not have the same bolt pattern (looking for a quick fix)

Is the front axel something that can swivel / adjust from the left/right?
Is there a service manual or pic available of the inner workings?

Thx to all
- James

Original FEL post from now parts 2310 :(
https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums...new-coldwater-front-end.html?highlight=kd5hnw

/ 2310D - Front axel askew #2  
Most have a pivot ball to allow movement and supports the alignment.
Put a jack under the tractor and let the front end hang. This will allow you to move the axle around and see whats controlling the alignment.
Coldwater Tractor makes a great loader but beware... Most import tractors were not made for a loader hanging on them. Use it carefully. Broke my front axle housing twice before deciding to get a beefier tractor.

/ 2310D - Front axel askew #3  
Hello all -

New again to group and have search a bit but didn't find anything I understood.

I have had a 2310 and ran great for about 20 years and then the engine 'broked' and parts went through the side of the block. Yep, it's shot. This unit had a custom FEL from Coldwater tractors. (great FEL)

I found a 2310D on Craigslist and purchased.
The unit has some wear and tear but seemed to run great.

When installing the brackets for the FEL, I noticed the front 'axel' was not straight. About 2" back on the left, and 2" forward on the right. The bracket contacts the front left tire.
The tires from the 2310 do not have the same bolt pattern (looking for a quick fix)

Is the front axel something that can swivel / adjust from the left/right?
Is there a service manual or pic available of the inner workings?

Thx to all
- James

Original FEL post from now parts 2310 :(
https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums...new-coldwater-front-end.html?highlight=kd5hnw

YM2310 Parts Manual attached. Compliments of the Yanmar Tractor Owners Group on GroupsIO.
main@yanmar-tractor-owners.groups.io | Home

The Yanmar Loaders is something nobody has seen prior. They are ready to be upload on our site this week.

Attachments

• YANMAR YM2310 PARTS MANUAL NPC-1181.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 78
  • YANMAR LOADERS YNF 1610 1810 1720 1820 2210 2310 3810 2610 2420 5000 7000 YTL NPC-2216_compresse.pdf
    7.3 MB · Views: 81
  • YANMAR LOADERS YHD 1610-1700-2210-2610-3810 YNF 2310 3810 2610 FL4300 NPC-1257_compressed.pdf
    4.5 MB · Views: 99
   / 2310D - Front axel askew
THANK YOU!
Will give it a looksee this weekend

I DO APPRECIATE your feedback!

+ James

THANK YOU!
Will keep an eye on the tractor and FEL.

Appreciate the PDFs!

+ James

Neighbor and I figured it out.

The front post is bent.
Not sure what the previous owner hit, but OUCH!

Picture is the part that was the challenge.
194311-11510

The service manual (even in Japanese) was HELPFUL :)

Thank you!
+ James

Attachments

• post image.png
    post image.png
    204.7 KB · Views: 82
   / 2310D - Front axel askew #7  
Neighbor and I figured it out.

The front post is bent.
Not sure what the previous owner hit, but OUCH!

Picture is the part that was the challenge.
194311-11510

The service manual (even in Japanese) was HELPFUL :)

Thank you!
+ James

Plus, you can take a screen shot image in the Japanese manual, upload them and read the translation in English on these 2 sites:

Translate an image or Translate text from photos from English and other languages – Yandex.Translate

Another really helpful thing with the parts manuals is this ...

Look at the image, get the part number. Type the number into a search engine. Something typically shows up in English to tell you what the part is called.

194311-11510 = PIN CENTER -0

The first part of the number could mean the area of the tractor. In this case suspension. The last part related to the sequence part number. And if the part number ends in a zero, then it's original. Other numbers means it was superseded by a revision or an alternative part is available.

And the part 194311-11510 is a typical one Yanmar uses. It's on the US domestic YM Series models too.