2310D Project Finished Pics

/ 2310D Project Finished Pics #11  
To nice to put her in the dirt.

/ 2310D Project Finished Pics #12  
I used all rattle can Rustoleum paint:

• Troy-Bilt Red
  • Spruce Green
  • "Biscuit" Appliance Epoxy on the 'white" stuff.
  • Satin Black

View attachment 548417View attachment 548418
View attachment 548419View attachment 548420

Finally! A stock color that seems to be a perfect match to Yanmar's red. Well done!

Question for anybody: Is Rustoleum sufficiently tough to resit damage from spilled diesel? What about resistance to diesel additives - Power Service etc - that I know will soften plastic over time. ?

/ 2310D Project Finished Pics #13  
.... Question for anybody: Is Rustoleum sufficiently tough to resit damage from spilled diesel? What about resistance to diesel additives - Power Service etc - that I know will soften plastic over time. ?
I do not know if it's the same formula as the 'rattle can' but FWIW I've been using this Rustoleum 7543402 to paint my 'fleet' of equipment, implements, and 'band-mark' my tools for years and it seems to hold-up very well and retain it's high gloss against gasoline, diesel, variety of lubricant and any other fluid spills it's encountered (even brake-fluid when wiped-up promptly).

The Rustoleum manufacturer data page is here: Professional High Performance Protective Enamel Product Page

And yes, that's a very sharp looking 2310D!

/ 2310D Project Finished Pics #14  
I do not know if it's the same formula as the 'rattle can' but FWIW I've been using this Rustoleum 7543402 to paint my 'fleet' of equipment, implements, and 'band-mark' my tools for years and it seems to hold-up very well and retain it's high gloss against gasoline, diesel, variety of lubricant and any other fluid spills it's encountered (even brake-fluid when wiped-up promptly).

The Rustoleum manufacturer data page is here: Professional High Performance Protective Enamel Product Page
Thanks! That's a very reasonable price, too.

/ 2310D Project Finished Pics #15  
   / 2310D Project Finished Pics #16  
I was in tractor supply today buying more T post.
I went by the paint section. Rustoleum also makes a farm and fleet paint in rattle can. I did notice they had kubota orange . Perhaps they also have yanmar red. I wish I had looked

/ 2310D Project Finished Pics #17  
Here's Tractor Supply's listing for Rust-oleum 'Specialty Farm & Implement'
Search Results for rust-oleum specialty farm at Tractor Supply Co.

... but the only reds listed are Ford and IH. It might be a good idea to use one of those for future maintainability. Anybody know if one of those is reasonably close to Yanmar's red?

/ 2310D Project Finished Pics #18  

... but the only reds listed are Ford and IH. It might be a good idea to use one of those for future maintainability. Anybody know if one of those is reasonably close to Yanmar's red?
Of course computer display colors can be misleading, but here you can see all the 'color chips' for the Rustoleum Farm & Implement colors side-by-side to maybe get some relative idea .... (the Troy Bilt looks noticeably darker than the others to me)

Farm & Implement

And here's a source of the Rustoleum Troy Bilt Red aerosol at a very good case (6 cans) price (may vary by location - free delivery to local Home Depot store)

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Ol...ed-Enamel-Spray-Paint-6-Pack-303473/300892096

Last edited:
   / 2310D Project Finished Pics #19  

I have no idea. My yanmar isn't yanmar red. I painted it with red from a rattle can several yrs ago when a customer of mine gave me several cases of red paint. It has held up to spilling diesel on the hood.

I have since bought this https://shop.harborfreight.com/medi...b33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_11387.jpg to transfer my diesel.
Makes it easy to fuel both tractors and my Zero turn mower

/ 2310D Project Finished Pics #20  
I know MF red I have is a true red, like red sports car or fire engine would be.

Ford red I think is a deep red...just from memory.