2320 with a factory cab

/ 2320 with a factory cab #1  

chevy

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti CK3510SE HST, John Deere X739
I was on the John Deere parts web site checking out the 2320 parts catalog. I found that there is a cab avalilble for the European 2320s. Why would it not be offered in the US?

/ 2320 with a factory cab #2  
I had a customer see the 2x20 Cab Tractors on the UK / Ireland site, and he asked me the same thing: I checked it out with Deere and they said that the European market is OK with NON A/C cabs, while the US market is not. My understanding of the England / Ireland / Scotland area is that cool, damp days are the norm - which would make a small Cab tractor with heater and no A/C a decent thing to have.

At this time Deere does not feel that the 24 and 26.5 hp engines are big enough to run an A/C compressor plus the hydro transmission and still have enough power left to do what a tractor is supposed to do... Even the 29.5 hp mid-frame 3210 CUT does not offer the cab option - the 32.5 hp 3320 is the smallest Cab tractor Deere has available.

Deere "could" offer the same cab here in the US, but it would be without A/C and would command at least a 4K premium. I wouldnt mind finding out from people here on TBN if that would be something they would even be interested in...??? I would be more than happy to pass on the results of this entirely un-scientific poll to them if enough of you respond...

/ 2320 with a factory cab #3  
Sounds like a snowplowing special.

A major difference between the US and europe is that almost all of the US has hot summers, and the few places that don't tend to have mild winters as well (the pacific coast). I guess a non-AC cab would do well in Maine, Vermont, Michigan's UP, and coastal Alaska.... that has to be good for at least 5 tractor sales a year, right? (No offense to the significant Vermont contingent on tbn.)

/ 2320 with a factory cab
Thank you for the reply.
I never thought about the AC problem. I understand now.

/ 2320 with a factory cab #5  
Don't know if this is also a factor, but a full cab tends to make a tractor a little tippy, maybe too tippy on a small CUT for the lawsuit filled US market. That said, Kubota does offer an A/C equipped cab on the B3030. Same size as the bigger 2520 with a few more ponies. I"ll bet they fluid fill the tires on every one sold.

/ 2320 with a factory cab #6  
hemiguy said:
Don't know if this is also a factor, but a full cab tends to make a tractor a little tippy, maybe too tippy on a small CUT for the lawsuit filled US market. That said, Kubota does offer an A/C equipped cab on the B3030. Same size as the bigger 2520 with a few more ponies. I"ll bet they fluid fill the tires on every one sold.

and set it to the wide position on the tires.

/ 2320 with a factory cab #7  
Hi:

I can't speak for everybody but I for one would be interested in a cab on a 2320 size tractor even if it didn't have AC. (If either the doors could be removed, or the rear window opened for ventilation (Maybe with a fan).

I've never seen an aftermarket cab that had A/C. 4K would be a bargain for a cab the quality of those on the 3000/4000 series.

/ 2320 with a factory cab #8  
Well, here's to at least SIX tractors sold in the US without AC and a cab!

I'd definitely be interested!

For the 3 days each summer that I'd turn the AC on versus the 300 days that I'd have the heater on -- especially if you could pull the doors and open the back window.

/ 2320 with a factory cab #9  
chevy said:
I was on the John Deere parts web site checking out the 2320 parts catalog. I found that there is a cab avalilble for the European 2320s. Why would it not be offered in the US?

I wish Deere did have a machine similar to the B3030, cab model. I think a small frame, 30 hp, equal to the 790 powerplant, 3 range hydro, with air would be nice for stable.