2535 issue

/ 2535 issue #1  

Huckster

Bronze Member
I am having an issue with my 2535. It starts and idles fine, but once I go out to cut my fields it starts losing power. If I dont pull in the clutch it will stall out, but eventually with the clutch in it will regain the revs. Yesterday it wouldnt even start so I thought it was a fuel issue. I followed it from the fuel pump forward and it seems like the flow is fine. I cleaned out the fuel filter and bleed the line. It started right up and idled fine, but once again as soon as I went out to cut the grass it started to lose revs and stall out. I have no idea where to look next.

/ 2535 issue #2  
Huckster I had a similar problem with my 2535. What I eventually found was that the pawls on the fuel filter cut off valve lever on the top of the filter bowl assembly did not engage the nylon valve completely. It shut off fine but would only open a litlle bit. When the tractor got under load it ran out of fuel.:confused: To correct it I had to take off the actual valve lever and open the nylon valve assembly with a screw driver and then re install the valve lever to keep it from leaking. It has been that way for over three years and no further problems. I do not cut the valve off to save the hassle with the screw driver. Willie Jones

/ 2535 issue
Thanks. I took it to my local guy and there was something funny going in inside with the nylon valve. he said it's a bad design but was able to fix it. That and I replaced the fuel filter and its now running perfect. Thanks for the help/

/ 2535 issue #4  
I took my fuel filter off and threw it away. Bought an aftermarket filter and never had another problem.

Good luck,
Eddie

/ 2535 issue #5  
I wonder if my 2535 problem may also be in the filter. It starts and runs fine for about 30 minutes and then stalls. It starts right up again but dies about 5 minutes later and continues to die about every 5 minutes as if it is not getting fuel.

/ 2535 issue #6  
I wonder if my 2535 problem may also be in the filter. It starts and runs fine for about 30 minutes and then stalls. It starts right up again but dies about 5 minutes later and continues to die about every 5 minutes as if it is not getting fuel.

Sure sounds like it's a good place to start.

Mark