2554 thoughts after first few uses

/ 2554 thoughts after first few uses #11  
Who ever figures out a fix, post a photo please - unless I beat ya'll to it.

/ 2554 thoughts after first few uses #12  
Someone post a pic of the pedal, I want to see if it's changed any from the older models. I think mine needs adj too. The reverse hasn't bothered me too bad, but it doesn't come to a quick stop when I release the fwd pedal, if I want a quick stop I have to touch the rev or jump on the brakes.

I drove a CC zero turn tractor that I helped pick out for someone else. MAN...those things are sweet, turn on a dime and give you change back. Too bad it's not as durable for GT uses. Anyhow, it would about give you whiplash when you released the pedal. Mine doesn't really creep, just slows gradually.

/ 2554 thoughts after first few uses
ALL THREE PEDALS

Cubpedals.jpg

REVERSE PEDAL

Cubreversepedal.jpg

/ 2554 thoughts after first few uses #14  
Yeah, I think they're the same. I can't tell if mine sticks up any more than yours or not.
Cub02.jpg

/ 2554 thoughts after first few uses #15  
Morkai I like your hood assy better than the newer ones as well as the exhaust out the lower side. I take that yours has a metal hood???

/ 2554 thoughts after first few uses #16  
Morkai I like your hood assy better than the newer ones as well as the exhaust out the lower side. I take that yours has a metal hood???

Yes, all the white parts you see are metal. I love that about the older models and I'm glad I got one before they changed them. The hood raises up from the rear and both side panels can be removed.

BTW, my Rev pedal measures about 2-5/8" up or 2-3/8" from the rubber.

/ 2554 thoughts after first few uses
I had a metal hood and side panels on the 1872 and actually(think) I like the plastic hood better. Once a metal hood gets tweaked it never lines up right again. And once dented, well it's dented. And we won't talk about rust.
Plastic has some good properties....and bad. I'd imagine in cold weather you might have to watch it cracking. That isn't too much of a worry here.

Your reverse pedal looks like it sticks up higher.

Measured mine: Only 2 inches above metal and 1-3/4 above rubber. No wonder it feels like it has no throw at all.

Last edited:
   / 2554 thoughts after first few uses #18  
Hmmm, wonder if the older hood assy's can be retrofitted on the newer tractors???

/ 2554 thoughts after first few uses #19  
I like the metal hood. The side panels keep out alot of the dirt and debris out of the engine area. So far I don't have any rust or dents on my hood. I also just like the way it looks!

Michael