2555 Horrable engine noise.

/ 2555 Horrable engine noise. #11  
Get some EGR cleaner and remove any carbon deposits that may build up and cause issues with an EGR valve.

/ 2555 Horrable engine noise. #12  
When I bought my 2565 it had some issues for the first few months. Apparently they had some problems with the EGR system so Mahindra replaced the whole system with a redesigned one. It has worked fine every since.

Also, when I bought mine in 2017 they had a 7 year warranty so you might check to see how long your warranty is/was.

/ 2555 Horrable engine noise. #13  
This is an interesting problem...I’d be leaning towards the egr if the noise seems to be coming from that area. The post from Reb954 provides some legitimacy towards the egr being the possible culprit.

-Chris

/ 2555 Horrable engine noise. #14  
This is an interesting problem...I’d be leaning towards the egr if the noise seems to be coming from that area. The post from Reb954 provides some legitimacy towards the egr being the possible culprit.

-Chris

There is sure one advantage to having an older tractor, no emissions control, no computers and just a plain simple diesel engine.

/ 2555 Horrable engine noise. #15  
i noticed a noise on my engine too at certain times, load/no load, rev it up or down. i sprayed a little silicone on the fan belt to see if that was it and it was since i didnt hear it again all day. just needed to tighten it up a bit.

/ 2555 Horrable engine noise.
After talking with you guys the noise has went away. But I also Haven't ran it very much. Looking deeper I checked out the egr valve and it appears normal, an no major build up. On Monday for experimenting reasons I removed the intake air restrictor at the egr valve and installed a block off plate at the egr valve. Going to mow the pasture tomorrow now that weeds are growing and see what happens.

Update. The noise come back soon after I said it went away but this time I found where its coming from. Its coming from the injector pump. If I unplug what im going to call the fuel pressure regulator that sits on top of the pump the check engine light comes on and the tractor will idle rough, but anything above idle runs perfect. So I replaced the fuel pressure regulator and was shocked by what I found. Lots of dirt collected on the regulator screen and inside the housing. I cleaned out the housing and installed the new regulator. Hoping for nice quiet operations, I was quickly disappointed once i got past appx 1500 rpm the noise was still there. Tractor only has about 120 hrs on it, and runs fine, just horrible sound. Surly it doesnt need a injector pump!? Tractor has always had fresh clean diesel with diesel additive. HELP!!

Attachments

• IMG_0390.jpg
    IMG_0390.jpg
    605.1 KB · Views: 112
   / 2555 Horrable engine noise. #18  
On 2007-2014 Kubotas, the EGR valve is turned on by a combination of turbo pressure and engine temperature. You can block the tube on the side of the EGR valve to temporarily turn off the EGR.

Reading a little farther, I'd be tempted to take out the injectors - not the pump - and have them tested.

OK, I guess I could unplug 1 injector at a time and see which one makes the smallest difference? That would propably be my bad injector right? I just find it funny it runs so perfect if I unplug the fuel regulator control thing.

OK, so i removed the hood and dug down a little deeper. I unpluged each injector one injector at a time and each had the same effect. Loud rattle would start at about 1300 rpm, and rev up to 2200, then slowly drop down and settle at about 1500. Tractor would not even attempt to run on one single injector. Just because I was right next to it, I desided to unplug what im going to call the Rail pressure sending unit. With rail pressure sensor unplugged tractor ran the exact same as it does when i unplug the fuel pressure regulator. Little bit rough idle, and very quiet through out the rpm range. So since i just replaced the pressure regulator im going to order a pressure senser also. It has to have something to do with fuel pressure! What do you guys think, am I on the right track?? Maybe i just dont need these extra parts...:sneaky::unsure:

Update, looks like this is the same part used on 07-11 dodge cummins fuel rail, and is a very common part to go bad. maybe ill get luckly