2555 HST Cab folks...

/ 2555 HST Cab folks... #1  

JerryK

Elite Member
Tractor
Mahindra (2011)5035 HST TLB & (2016)2555 HST Cab & (2017)1526 HST(2018)Cub Cadet Pro Z 154L (1991) Caterpillar E70B
Thinking about trading in my old JD 2240 with 5600 hours and buying a 2555 with a front blower. Any 2555 guys that want to talk me out of it, or in to it, here is your big chance.... :)

/ 2555 HST Cab folks... #2  
Owned a 2555 hst cab for almost a year and the only issue so far has been a hydro oil leak early on. I have heard of issues with these tractors setting off egr related malfunction lamp/codes if you run them at low rpm's for extended periods. We run ours hard and have never had that issue. I would not hesitate to buy this tractor again! Good luck.

/ 2555 HST Cab folks... #3  
Akax50 is correct. I can confirm that I've experienced the low-rpm related Malfunction Light on 2 occasions. Since runing the machine at higher rpm levels, there has been no further MIL activation.

That being said, I absolutely love my 2555 HST.

I chose this model specifically because its 42 PTO-horsepower would allow me to use my loader-mounted Erskine ES2400 blower and its 30-gal, PTO-powered 3-point pump/reservoir. Although we only received a fraction of the snow compared to last winter, the setup worked great.

I was able to get about 8-hours of seat time on her this past weekend and this tractor never ceases to amaze me with it's capabilities. Right now, I'm using it to create a path in the back section of my property. For it being a larger machine, it's surprisingly nimble and maneuverable in the woods.

My friends, most of whom bleed green, were more than a little impressed with the design, not to mention the cost compared to a similarly equipped Green or Orange tractor.

The bottom line is would I buy another 2555? In a heartbeat.

/ 2555 HST Cab folks...
I am in the planing stages, too busy right now to do much for at least two weeks. Going to ask for a fresh built 2555 HST cab direct from Chattanooga assembly, shipped with their next order so I can skip the shipping charges. 78" front blower, 2nd hyd rear spool, grill guard, and maybe the block heater. Have to look into that, how they start cold. My 5035 starts fine even without using the grid heater in the winter, stored in my barn. No loader, no rear wiper... Just going to be for the blower and 3pt use, with my 5035 staying my big guy to move stuff, and backup snow removal ...

/ 2555 HST Cab folks... #5  
My 2555 was used a ton this winter for snow removal during sub zero temps. It was left out on job sites on many nights and never showed any hesitation to start. No block heater needed on mine and I doubt it will be needed on yours, if you buy one.

The only other suggestion that I would offer is that loading the rear tires makes the tractor behave much more stable in all conditions/situations.

/ 2555 HST Cab folks...
2555 HST Cab, loader [ did not really want, but what the heck, maybe I will add a wing on my barn for extra loader storage .. ], BER2500-78 [ huge HD 78" front mount blower ], Mid PTO kit, 2nd rear spool...

Just south of $44K [ cash, lot more if financed ] plus tax.... Just have to quibble over my old John Deere now..... :)

/ 2555 HST Cab folks... #7  
Sounds like a really nice setup! Who makes your blower? I tried to search on your model BER2500-78, but no luck.

/ 2555 HST Cab folks...
Dealer told me, think he said Berco [ Quebec, Canada, eh? ]. It is a big heavy duty unit, looked beefier than my JRW blower. The tractor mount attaches at the front and ends up hooking to the drawbar in the rear for support, tucks in under the tractor fairly good. This part is the same if you get a snowblower, front blade, power broom/etc. The blower is removable and hooks to this unit to lift it. Driveshaft goes from Mid PTO to the front, then there is another driveshaft from there to the blower itself. If you google 2555 blower, there is a video on YouTube showing somebody running one on a 2555, but not much info... Zilch info on MahindraUSA .... looks like a 24" 4 blade fan...

2555 Mahindra tractor blowing snow 78" blower Logan's Equipment Inc. - YouTube

Last edited:
   / 2555 HST Cab folks...
Or was it Bervac, part of RadTech that make them for Kubota... I will let you know.... SOMEDAY..... [ somewhere up in Canada, anywhilst ] :)