2565 pto seal leak

/ 2565 pto seal leak #1  

tazassape

I'm changing the seal for the pto shaft on my 2565 and the smaller spacer/collar/ (?) came out when I removed the old seal from the PTO shaft pic with circle.jpgcover. I didn't see where it came from and don't really see where it would go with the new seal. The part in question is between the seals in the pictures. I don't want to force anything as the dealer is an hour and fifteen minutes away and don't know if he has another seal. What the heck am I missing?

Attachments

• IMG_4011.JPG
    IMG_4011.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 184
  • IMG_4012.JPG
    IMG_4012.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 178
   / 2565 pto seal leak #2  
I'm changing the seal for the pto shaft on my 2565 and the smaller spacer/collar/ (?) came out when I removed the old seal from the View attachment 649140cover. I didn't see where it came from and don't really see where it would go with the new seal. The part in question is between the seals in the pictures. I don't want to force anything as the dealer is an hour and fifteen minutes away and don't know if he has another seal. What the heck am I missing?

Your picture shows two seals, is one the old seal and the other is the new replacement seal or do both of them fit in the housing?

I'm guessing only one seal is used so the spacer will be put on the pto shaft before installing the seal cap.

/ 2565 pto seal leak
Sorry for not replying sooner but things here are stupid crazy. We live in the boondocks and the internet provider can't keep up with the demand of so many people using the net at home because of covid-19. The picture does show the old and new seals. The pictures were mostly to show the collar or whatever it is. I ended up putting the seal in and the "spacer" after that (probably backwards). It still leaks but no where near as much as it did before, so I'm able to use the tractor. I've been trying to contact the dealer with no success. Thanks for the reply. I'm just seeing now that you have a 2565 also. Is there any way you could take a picture of your pto with nothing on it and post it? I think it would be of some help. Thanks

/ 2565 pto seal leak #5  
Are you back up and running yet?