2740 & 3240 owners, need your help!

/ 2740 & 3240 owners, need your help! #11  
montanaman said:
One set of hyd remotes standard on the Montana but an option on the JD.

So, does the Montana 2740 have a set of hydraulic remotes as standard equipment or is this offered only as an option? I ask because this feature is not offered on the Farmtrac 270 from what I can tell.

And what is a fair price for the 2740? The Farmtrac dealer near me is quoting $14,800 for the DTC270 with the new (blue) loader and loaded tires. I think this is a touch high and I might consider the Montana with a remote valve as standard even if the dealer is an hour away.

Any feedback to this newbie would be appreciated.

/ 2740 & 3240 owners, need your help! #12  
That $14,800.00 price isn't too high, not with loaded tires, its a fair price, especially for up North. You can get the valve as an option on the 270DTC, although I have never sold one. Loaders are a toss up, Montana will try to sell you on theirs being curved and higher lift specs, FarmTrac builds their own loaders in house and are designed matched for each tractor. Six one way half a dozen the other if you ask me...would come down to dealer and color preference.

/ 2740 & 3240 owners, need your help! #13  
gamble77 said:
You can get the valve as an option on the 270DTC, although I have never sold one. Six one way half a dozen the other if you ask me...would come down to dealer and color preference.

Thanks for your opinion regarding the Farmtrac price and your insight on loader differences.

Assuming the remote valve is standard on the Montana and assuming all else being equal (price, confidence in both dealers, both equidistant from the homestead, color not an issue) why wouldn’t I go with the Montana and get the remote valve?

And would anyone else care to comment on the $14,800 price on the Farmtrac?

/ 2740 & 3240 owners, need your help! #14  
I sell the 270DTC w/FEL for $14,700.00...if all things are equal the only advantage to the FarmTrac I can see is they are offering 0% for 48 months until the end of the month (if your dealer is qualified for that program). I really think it all comes down to the dealer in your situation...btw have you gotten quotes on the Montana 2740 with a loader?

/ 2740 & 3240 owners, need your help! #15  
gamble77 said:
I sell the 270DTC w/FEL for $14,700.00...if all things are equal the only advantage to the FarmTrac I can see is they are offering 0% for 48 months until the end of the month (if your dealer is qualified for that program). I really think it all comes down to the dealer in your situation...btw have you gotten quotes on the Montana 2740 with a loader?

Thanks Gamble77.

'05 Montana 2740 w/loader (and the remote valve, nice 'lil feature not offered on the FarmTrac) $14,784 phone call quote. Montana dealer 1 hour away vs. stones throw FarmTrac.

On another note, why wouldn't a dealer qualify for the 0%/48 month program?

/ 2740 & 3240 owners, need your help! #16  
Just some inventory levels the dealer has to keep to qualify...just call him up and ask him if he is offering that special financing.

/ 2740 & 3240 owners, need your help! #17  
The remotes being standard allow easy addition of top n tilt, 3 point hyd. log splitter, hyd. chute snow blower, and since the Montana is skid steer compatible (assuming the Montana quote is the new loader) then you can put a grapple, hyd. dozer blade, bale squeez etc. and use the existing remotes.

What does Farmtrac charge for the remotes as an option? Personally, either machine will serve you well and I would own either. I like both colors as well. I think the financing for Farmtrac is great but the Montana loader and remotes are a a feature I would look closely at.

The loader is manufactured here in the USA by an extremely good manufacturer and we have found them to be as good as you can get. I really think you can't go wrong and if the Montana is a better price and both dealer are equal then weigh the numbers and see what is best for you.

Good Luck,
Maka

/ 2740 & 3240 owners, need your help! #18  
Hey Maka what size industrials is Montana running on the 2740 & 3240?

/ 2740 & 3240 owners, need your help! #19  
Maka said:
What does Farmtrac charge for the remotes as an option? The Montana loader and remotes are features I would look closely at. The loader is manufactured here in the USA by an extremely good manufacturer and we have found them to be as good as you can get.

My Farmtrac dealer quoted me $600 to install a set of remotes on the 270DTC.

I am going to drive 120 miles round trip to the nearest Montana dealer to look closely at a 2740 and talk price. One drawback, I believe the unit has the old loader.

Maka, you stated that the loader is manufactured here in the USA by an extremely good manufacturer and that you have found them to be as good as you can get.

I believe you are referring to the new curved boom loader, correct? What concerns or shortcomings prompted the changeover to the new loader?

Where I currently stand (my research to date shows both units identical save for the color and the items in parentheses):

Farmtrac 270DTC (foldable ROPS, new [blue, not black] loader, no remote valve, dealer trusted and 3 miles away) price quoted in person $14,800 w/ loaded tires.

Montana 2740 (old style loader, fixed ROPS, remote auxiliary spool valve, dealer 60 miles away and reputation unknown) phone price $14,784 (I anticipate face to face offer to be less).

Thanks to all for the help so far.

/ 2740 & 3240 owners, need your help!
gamble77 said:
Hey Maka what size industrials is Montana running on the 2740 & 3240?

25x8.5-14 Front and 43x16-20 Rear. Titan tires.

Ken