2810 HST Gettin' Hot!

/ 2810 HST Gettin' Hot! #1  

rotordave

Tractor
Mahindra 2810 HST
2810 HST Gettin\' Hot!

I have been doing quite alot of bushhogging 0f long grass fields, with seed pods blowing in and clogging up the intakes and radiators. The removable screen in front of the engine radiator slides out horizontaly to be cleaned, but witn the FEL frame directly in its path, you can only remove it about half way. Great design there guys! I end up having to use a flat piece of wood moulding to slide between the screen and XMSN cooler to remove all of the fluffy debris that builds up in he radiator areas. Does anyone know of a good way to deal with this, as the factory design seems to be flawed. The temps get into the top 1/4 of the gauge but under normal heavy operation doing mud moving and grading, it stays below 1/2.It has been record heat here for the last few weeks, highs in the upper 80's/ low 90's- yesterday as I was finishing a cutting job I got rained out as a cool front came through Louisiana with heavy rains and welcome relief from the Indian summer. Hopefully this will help in lowering temps. When I get home again to work on the rig, I was thinking of blowing compressed air through the radiator to remove some of the finer materials that I have missed, but with the location of hte screen, I dont know what to do. It is all very tight inbetween the radiators and screens.Maybe I should try to cut out the screen and replace it with a flexible one that I could service(2 piece- ETC). I dont like to LOOSE MY COOL!Any Ideas would be appreciated! thanks- Dave

/ 2810 HST Gettin' Hot! #2  
Re: 2810 HST Gettin\' Hot!

Use a air and blow it out.

/ 2810 HST Gettin' Hot! #3  

Dave , I take my FEL off when I am using my finish mower.
It comes off easy , and I like mowing better without it.

Those are the same readings I get on my tempature gauge.
It will run about half way when I am using the backhoe or other attachments, but went I kick in the PTO and start mowing it will go up to 3/4. The first few times I was alarmed , but it seems to be normal for the tractor.

And using the finish mower I am not getting any material into the radiator area like you might with a brush hog.

I wouldn't worry to much about it unless it goes higher.

Dave in NH

2810HST

/ 2810 HST Gettin' Hot!

That would be nice if I could take it on and off like that, but I may do a grading job in the morning and then bush-hog after that, then come home and cut at my place It would get tough- I even ***** when I have to come back to pull off the grader or box to put on the cutter,much less taking the FEL off and on. I kind of use the bucket as a debris finder when I'm cutting, as I keep it low with the lip up, so I'll feel something before hitting it, but wont get caught up with the edge. I just need to find a better way to clean the screen in the field. Thanks for the temp report- its nice to know what is happening with other tractors so I'm not so concerned with mine being abnormally hot. I am going to play with some compressed air and some flexible tubing when I get off work next week and see if I cant get some of that fuzz out of the tight spots!

/ 2810 HST Gettin' Hot! #5  

I don't think I've ever seen my temp gauge over 1/2, even mowing for a couple of hours. I'm not sure if the radiator fins can be damaged with high pressure, still I would go cautiously using a blow gun cleaning it.

/ 2810 HST Gettin' Hot! #6  

Dave,

Mine comes out vertically, but you have to unclamp the air filter can and move it (whether FEL is on or not). I didn't care for the design on mine either. For a quick clean, I either blow it out with compressor air or stick the shop vac nozzle down there. I was hogging the field and noticed the temp right next to the red on the second day of use. That's how I found that silly screen (instead of reading the manual-OOPS). My radiator fins are staying pretty clean though.

/ 2810 HST Gettin' Hot!

I got in there last week off with the compressed air and got everything pretty much blown out. It made quite a bit of difference- right at half-gauge durring about 3 hours of field cutting at 68 degrees. I was pleased with that- and I will definately check- out taking that screen out from the top with the can off- thanks for the tip, Lynx-( by the way, I traded in a Blackhawk for my Mahindra- I retired with 21 yrs.(CW3) last Oct. after our alert status ended, and recieved retirement orders 7 days before callup. My old unit is in Iraq since Jan.- returning June. I didnt leave anything over there last time. Get my fix now every 7 days on hitch offshore.) - Dave

/ 2810 HST Gettin' Hot! #8  

Dave,
Glad ya missed this one. I played in the last one and this would have been my limit. I retired this past July. I'm doing EMS now. What a blast!

Fly safe (oh and tractor safe too!)

Dave