2810 HST Hydraulic Sight Gauge

/ 2810 HST Hydraulic Sight Gauge #1  

rotordave

Tractor
Mahindra 2810 HST
I was loading My 2810 HST (180 hrs.) onto the trailer when I looked back and saw fluid shooting out of the rear drive area and shut it down. On inspection I found the hydraulic sight glass laying about 5 feet behind the tractor like it shot out under pressure, and quite alot of fluid on the ground. I called my dealer and talked to the service tech, he said that it shouldnt be under any pressure, and has never heard of that happening. I took off the vented hydraulic filler cap and cleaned it out, and did notice a few small chunks of dirt come out as I was blowing compressed air through the cap. I reinstalled the sightglass, it just slides in and seals with its own gasket, and refilled the hydro fluid, and havent had any more problems. Has anyone else had a balistic sight glass?, and if not, pay attention to the filler cap bypass hole not gertting clogged. It would have been much worse happening out on the job than at the barn. Also seems like the dealer is not that familiar with the HST's, he says he doesnt sell many, but he also reccomended I wait till 250 hr. svc. for hydro. change instead of 50 hr. like the book. I disagree- what do yall think?

/ 2810 HST Hydraulic Sight Gauge #2  
When I took my 2810HST in for the 50 Hour service, they changed the engine oil and front end gear oil , but when I asked how the hydrostatic fluid looked, the mechanic said they couldn't find where the filter went so they didn't change the fluid !!!! Well when I got home I ordered a filter and changed it with about 150 hours on it. It didn't look bad in the site gauge or when some came out on the quick couplings,
but when I drained it into a 5 gallon pail I was suprised how dark it was .

Needless to say I haven't been back to the Mahindra Dealer I bought mine from even though I love the tractor.

Tell him to Change it !!!!

Dave in NH

/ 2810 HST Hydraulic Sight Gauge
Thats exactly what happened when I went to purchase a hydr. filter from the dealer, the tech coulnt figure out where it went when I asked him. He actually got underneath and couldnt find it, but after going in and pulling some manuals, we found it down below, inbetween the axles, inside of that square box "bracket" that the hst unit mounted inside. Its hard to see if you dont know what you're looking for, and I guess if they dont sell many, he may not have had the chance. He knows now. I dont understand why they dont sell more HST's, I wouldnt trade mine for anything else when it comes to ease of use and speed. All I would ask the Mahindrites for would be a comprehensive manual, then most of these questions could be answered. Dave

/ 2810 HST Hydraulic Sight Gauge #4  
I'll check mine when I get it back. I traded with a friend for his TC-35 w/ backhoe. I needed a backhoe this week & he needed a tiller.
I changed the hydraulic fluid & filter at 50 hours. Did it myself, pretty simple. So far I'm real happy with the tractor (mine, his is nice as well).

Attachments

• 518499-PICT0132 (512 x 384).jpg
    518499-PICT0132 (512 x 384).jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 221
   / 2810 HST Hydraulic Sight Gauge #5  
I did just that rotodave.

I bought the parts catalogue for the 2810 , and I bought the service Manual for the 2810HST.

I also bought the backhoe Parts reference guide on Ebay for all the Dayco backhoes that Mahindra sells.

And I have all the manuals that came with the tractor.
I hope I have everything covered.

Dave in NH

That sounds like the way to go! You got it covered from every angle.
I had another episode with the shooting sight glass (who knows where this one may be, I followed the trail of fluid to no avail), and this time called my dealer to send me a new one, along with a new filler cap, I'm thinking that could be the only(most logical) thing that could cause pressure to build up in there. Any other guesses on what might be causing this?
I have to give it to my dealer, he is always friendly if not completely knowledegable about this certain model, but will always bend over backward to help me out and make it right. I have always heard nothing but positive things about him and his business, and now I see why. True character is shown not when things are going well, but when the unexpected happens.

/ 2810 HST Hydraulic Sight Gauge #7  
Dave, where did you get your service manual for the 2810HST? How much?
T-I-A
Danny

/ 2810 HST Hydraulic Sight Gauge #8  
The two manuals cost me just under $100.00 shipped from the factory. It was recommended that I get the Parts manual as well as the service manual and I agree. The parts manual really helps break down the tractor.

I got them through New England Tractor . You will find them here in the Mahindra forum , and they also have a good webb sight. For a long time there sight, was the only place on the webb to get info on the loaders or backhoes for the Mahindra tractor.

I have ordered filters from them and they are more than willing to answer any questions I might have.

I didn't buy my tractor from them, but even though they are over 100 miles away , I would take a hard look at them if I where to puchase another one .

Dave in NH

Just an update- I got my new sight glass and filler cap drop shipped from mahindra in a few days, installed the sight glass( this time with the help of a little pro seal to keep me from littering the world with so many clear plastic disks) but the filler cap did not have a vent hole in the top? I even tried to blow through it and it was sealed. I went with the old cap, and put about 8 hrs on it this week while I was off work bushhogging and mud work. So far so good.