2OOO Hudson 5 ton Trailer

/ 2OOO Hudson 5 ton Trailer #21  
Check the title/registration for the weight limit.

/ 2OOO Hudson 5 ton Trailer #22  
If trailers sell up there like they do here, I'll bet if he just holds firm, he'll get the $1,000 for it and not take too long to do it either.

Bird

/ 2OOO Hudson 5 ton Trailer #23  
Fullthrottle,

Is that a 4cyl toyota hooked up to that 5 ton rated trailer?

Fred

/ 2OOO Hudson 5 ton Trailer
No, its a V6. Surprisingly it pulled my TC45 around today without a problem. I wouldn't do it on a regular basis though.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Fullthrottle on 10/20/01 08:47 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

/ 2OOO Hudson 5 ton Trailer #25  
I have a real hard time believing that is a 10,000# trailer. Maybe so. For a year 2000, and all that is wrong with it, no fenders and the owner claims that he over loads it, no way. There are plenty of good deals out there on new or very good used trailers. I'd encourage you to keep looking.

Paul

/ 2OOO Hudson 5 ton Trailer #26  
Sorry Jeff, forgot to add what I thought it is worth. Knowing what you discribed, and the abuse the owner gives it: $20.00 a ton. I'm not trying to be smart, but there is no way I'd load my tractors on that and head out on the roads. I use my equipment commercially and for my self. My insurance agent would have a stroke if I asked him to insure that. The attached photo is of my trailer, yeah its hard to see, but its a 2001 DCT, made here in South Dakota. 7000# GVW, 4 wheel brakes, all lights, 5000# tongue jack, 2 5/16" ball hitch and spring assist ramps. I paid $1800 for it just 6 months ago. I feel real strong about good equipment, you are responsible for it. If you would like better photos of the trailer, I'll be glad to get them and post them here.

Paul

Attachments

• 5-76777-Dcp00263.jpg
    5-76777-Dcp00263.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 403
   / 2OOO Hudson 5 ton Trailer #28  
Trailers are at a premium here. That trailer would go for about 15-1600 here and sell in less than a week.

Kevin

/ 2OOO Hudson 5 ton Trailer #29  
{this is of course assuming you plan on using your Toyota truck to do this lugging around...- I thought 5000 lbs. was max for a V6?}

Jeff,

Have you gone up a steep grade with your test...(V6 Toyota, TC45 and attachments, 5 ton trailer you propose to steal), and then have you gone down that steep grade @ 60 mph and tried to stop...?

I can sense your eagerness to buy this trailer, but if you plan on using your Toyota truck to do all this... No offense Jeff, but I think it would be a major disaster waiting to happen...(even if the guy gave you the trailer) /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

{Of course, if you plan on using a different full size truck rated to tow... disregard the above... drive down to the owner with $700. cash in your pocket... put it on his kitchen table and state this is your final offer... you can drive away with the trailer or drive away with your $700... but drive away now ($800. tops!).../w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Good luck Jeff...

18-35197-JD5205JFMsignaturelogo.JPG

/ 2OOO Hudson 5 ton Trailer #30  
Jeff
I had a Hudson trailer. Sold it to the neighbor a couple of years ago. It looked just like the one in your pictures. Except it had fenders and 2 wheel brakes.
It was rated for 6000 lbs gross weight. I did not like the construction type tire and wheels. These wheels cannot be balanced easily. They are not easy to mount on trailer with out some run out.
The only problem I had was one of the rear spring brackets was not welded properly to frame and it broke.
There was a tag near tongue that stated its load capacity.
It wasn't a bad trailer./w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif But I would look for more features and different wheels on a used trailer for $1000./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

18-30594-ronssig2.gif