3/4” or 1” cordless impacts

/ 3/4” or 1” cordless impacts #31  
While others may scoff, I bought a HF Earthquake a couple of years ago. And yes, I have a 1" air impact I have to darn near drag across the shop to use. It has a lot of dust on it now that I got the cordless. I am sure the quality and life will not be as good as Milwaukee or Snap-On, but for a around $200 it has done anything I have needed on larger bolts and lug nuts on tractors. Looks like HF is phasing this one out for Hercules now tho.'

My Earthquake doesn't get used a lot.

I have several Hercules tools that so far seem to be working well, with the exception that an adjustment screw fell out of the Hercules lantern.

My Milwaukee M18 angle grinder never worked right. And in about a year it burnt up. The Hercules angle grinder is much better. That was about the end of my interest in Milwaukee.

Anyway, I'll probably try the Hercules 3/4" sometime.

/ 3/4” or 1” cordless impacts #32  
My Milwaukee M18 angle grinder never worked right. And in about a year it burnt up.
Hmm. All three of mine still work just fine after about four years, and I use them quite a bit.

Bought those refurbished, as with most of my Milwaukee cordless tools.

/ 3/4” or 1” cordless impacts #33  
I went and fixed the last post. I ment to say 1/2”. All my impact sockets are 1/2”. I never wanted a 3/4”
I have plenty of 1/2" sockets. I also have the 3/4 and 1" sockets to cover some large nut/bolt sizes on some equipment. I use adapters on my 1/2" impact. The sizes go up and down, but it would scare me to use a 1/4" socket with a 1/2" impact. :oops:

/ 3/4” or 1” cordless impacts #34  
Milwaukee has come out with some duds. Reading reviews is key.
They come out with so many new tools each year I wonder if the QC is done correctly.

My M18 hammer drill with the first gen electronic clutch is useless as a drill driver. The clutch might as well be welded on.
But it's a great little hammer drill for small anchors in cement block.
The 2nd gen electric clutch is supposedly worlds better.

My M12 mechanical clutch is still working great on that drill/driver after 10 years or so.

I even have some old Makita 9.6v and 18v tools from over 20 years ago that work fine.

I love the battery impacts. I can just throw it in what ever I am driving and use it wherever I am and know it'll break the bolts loose, even out in the woods.

/ 3/4” or 1” cordless impacts #35  
Love my DeWalt 20V 1/2" impact gun, but the comment about the builders lying about the torque ratings is spot on. I torque the wheel nuts on my low boy to 165 ft/lbs and the wrench will not turn them despite being rated at 200+ ft/lbs.

That being said there is nothing like a battery powered impact gun for changing a tire when you are on the road.

/ 3/4” or 1” cordless impacts #36  
I have the air and Milwaukee electric newest models including the blower. The electric is OK if you don’t have too much to do. Same for Dewalt I have the 60 volt angle grinder and circular saw. Numerous drills from both. If you have a lot to do it takes too many batteries and takes a long time to charge the bigger ones. I bought a Dewalt chainsaw to see how it works. First is they don’t come in big sizes, the chain is a narrow kerf which binds easily, using the biggest battery it cut for 9 minutes continuously, on Cedar, it takes over an hour to charge on the fastest charger, it cuts slower that a good gas saw. You can do the math. Bottom line is how much continuous work you want to do. Handy, pricey batteries, time to charge, less control ability, kinda like a battery truck or tractor. Just remember that ***** was allowed to drive the- the Ford EV truck and said it was ga-great. Of course it was in a confined area since he couldn’t pass the written test.

/ 3/4” or 1” cordless impacts #37  
My Earthquake doesn't get used a lot.

I have several Hercules tools that so far seem to be working well, with the exception that an adjustment screw fell out of the Hercules lantern.

My Milwaukee M18 angle grinder never worked right. And in about a year it burnt up. The Hercules angle grinder is much better. That was about the end of my interest in Milwaukee.

Anyway, I'll probably try the Hercules 3/4" sometime.
Milwaukee has a great warranty, I believe I would send that angle grinder back.

/ 3/4” or 1” cordless impacts #38  
Gave up on DeWalt years ago when their batteries didn't last and they were over priced to replace.

/ 3/4” or 1” cordless impacts #39  
Gave up on DeWalt years ago when their batteries didn't last and they were over priced to replace.
Really? My 20 volts are 6 years old and going strong. i can get 2 for the price of one during black friday every year, but mine keep going strong. I dated them all.