3/8 NPT bulkhead fitting?

/ 3/8 NPT bulkhead fitting? #1  

ishiboo

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti NX6010HSTC, Cat 279c
I am looking to mount a 3/8 ISO ag connector in a panel, adding 2 remotes to my rear with holes for a third.

I'm coming at it with 3/8" hose, which would plug right into the ag connector. (F connector, M hose.) Unfortunately, the panel is 1/4" thick, and being a tapered pipe thread it needs to crank down enough to seal.

Is anyone aware of a bulkhead fitting (for hydraulic pressures) with a 3/8" male and 3/8" female?

I know I could mill the panel a little thinner around them, but the issue would then be I would need to mill it almost exactly to the gap between each individual fitting, or they would wobble or not seal.

/ 3/8 NPT bulkhead fitting? #2  
I am looking to mount a 3/8 ISO ag connector in a panel, adding 2 remotes to my rear with holes for a third.

I'm coming at it with 3/8" hose, which would plug right into the ag connector. (F connector, M hose.) Unfortunately, the panel is 1/4" thick, and being a tapered pipe thread it needs to crank down enough to seal.

Is anyone aware of a bulkhead fitting (for hydraulic pressures) with a 3/8" male and 3/8" female?

I know I could mill the panel a little thinner around them, but the issue would then be I would need to mill it almost exactly to the gap between each individual fitting, or they would wobble or not seal.

Get a large bolt,drill through,tap NPT at both ends?

/ 3/8 NPT bulkhead fitting? #4  
Looks like there is a male NPT to female NPT bulkhead fitting in 3/8.
Pressure Connections Corp - 207 STL Bulkhead Frame Coupling - FP x FP
You might have to order it or check around at some specialty hydraulic shops, I don't think this is a very common fitting. You could also use a male NPT X male NPT fitting and use a male to female adapter, or have some new ends crimped on your hoses that mate to the fittings on your bulkhead.

/ 3/8 NPT bulkhead fitting? #6  
JIC to NPT bulkhead fittings are easy to find. JIC hoses are easy to find. This is what I would do now. This is not what I did. I made some copper crush washers to solve my problem. But you may not be able to do that.

/ 3/8 NPT bulkhead fitting? #7  
I'm with James on this - Male Pipe (NPTF) x SAE 37° Flare (JIC) Bulkhead

Gives you an excuse to use better/easier sealing JIC's on hoses - not that I would EVER need an excuse NOT to use pipe threads on hydraulics wherever possible :D ...Steve

/ 3/8 NPT bulkhead fitting? #8  
Very easy to obtain, just have to know where to go.
Aviation uses them all the time.
Generally available in aluminum or steel all with hydraulic pressure ratings.
Search for aircraft parts and supplies.
Sporty Aviation would be one as would be VanDusan aircraft supply.

Probably have a couple of flare to flair bulkhead in my scrap box in 3/8" if I could locate that box. LOL

/ 3/8 NPT bulkhead fitting? #9  
You could also get a NPT tap and bottom it out in the bulkhead. There's a few extra threads on the tap, which would make it too loose for a fitting, but perfect for your application - then just assemble the hose in place.