3-d printing parts for older tractors

/ 3-d printing parts for older tractors #11  
Haven't seen your post and will not deny your results but I've seen results and failures that I cannot deny either. It's all about the application and I don't know what the OP situation is but thought the thread size would be under 5/16 and torqued as a pinch clamp on the steering. I just wanted to suggest something that won't end in failure. Would like to read your actuator post if you'd care to post a link. I'm always up for changing my opinion.
i agree, some places it doesn't work, like small screws etc. to be honest when i first got this thing, i thought it would be more of a toy. I have been unbelievably impressed with the parts coming out of it.

my post

/ 3-d printing parts for older tractors
Haven't seen your post and will not deny your results but I've seen results and failures that I cannot deny either. It's all about the application and I don't know what the OP situation is but thought the thread size would be under 5/16 and torqued as a pinch clamp on the steering. I just wanted to suggest something that won't end in failure. Would like to read your actuator post if you'd care to post a link. I'm always up for changing my opinion.

The original part was plastic and cracked into 2 pieces after about 15 years. I epoxied it back together and it lasted for a few years before it cracked again and fell off somewhere in the pasture. It’s a fairly coarse thread, and about 1-1/2” I.d., but I have to remember to take some calipers out to the tractor shed to measure it. It would be nice if there were dimensions specified for parts, but that almost never happens. I’ll probably try a test print with PLA filament to get the size dialed in before I do a final print.

/ 3-d printing parts for older tractors #13  
The original part was plastic and cracked into 2 pieces after about 15 years. I epoxied it back together and it lasted for a few years before it cracked again and fell off somewhere in the pasture. It’s a fairly coarse thread, and about 1-1/2” I.d., but I have to remember to take some calipers out to the tractor shed to measure it. It would be nice if there were dimensions specified for parts, but that almost never happens. I’ll probably try a test print with PLA filament to get the size dialed in before I do a final print.

Well if the thread is that large then a printed part may well hold up to the torque needed. I just don't have a lot of faith in plastic when it's under stress of any sort, I've machined a LOT of it for various components. I could be wrong here about it and welcome the opportunity to be proven wrong. You (we) will only know for sure if you try it and report back (photo hint...), good luck.