3-hoses on loader valve - what does what?

/ 3-hoses on loader valve - what does what? #1  

LincTex

Silver Member
Tractor
Farmall 404
There are 3 hoses on my loader valve - what does what?

Red:
Orange:
Green:
I would like to add a remote for my log splitter,
which has pioneer couplings and it's own control valve.
Loader hoses.jpg

/ 3-hoses on loader valve - what does what? #2  
What do the indicators say?...just guessing...green is pressure, red is return and the orange is power beyond back to the 3ph...just a guess...

/ 3-hoses on loader valve - what does what? #3  
to plumb a new valve (it must have power beyond capability)...the pb port on the existing valve will become the pressure line for the new valve..."T" the new return/tank line into the existing return/tank line...and connect the pb port on the new valve back to the 3ph

/ 3-hoses on loader valve - what does what?
What do the indicators say?...just guessing...green is pressure, red is return and the orange is power beyond back to the 3ph...just a guess...
There are no indicators or markings of any kind

to plumb a new valve (it must have power beyond capability)...the pb port on the existing valve will become the pressure line for the new valve..."T" the new return/tank line into the existing return/tank line...and connect the pb port on the new valve back to the 3ph
Yes, thank you……
That part I already know.
I just want to know what each port does before I start taking lines loose

The tall hexagon thing under the port with the red arrow is the pressure relief valve, which makes me think red is pressure coming in.
I don't know if green or orange is power beyond.

/ 3-hoses on loader valve - what does what? #7  
The tall hexagon thing under the port with the red arrow is the pressure relief valve, which makes me think red is pressure coming in.
I don't know if green or orange is power beyond.
After a second look I think you are right...I was looking it at upside down...with all the valves I have you would be correct...
can you trace the hoses to see where they go? and just to be sure check the parts list diagrams for a description...

/ 3-hoses on loader valve - what does what? #8  
More than likely the red line is your pressure into the loader valve. The green is your power beyond (pressure out) and the orange is your return to tank line. The fitting under the green line is most likely the power beyond adapter plug.

If you want to make it simple and as economical as possible, just run a line from the green port to the back. Have a set of couplers at the back. Then run a return line to were ever the green line now connects. This will make a complete loop. Couple the hoses at the rear together or uncouple and insert your log splitter. This will work as is. If your log splitter is a 3 line system, then you will need to tee into the return to tank link with the return to tank line on the splitter.

Pretty simple, just have to remember that the lines at the rear MUST ALWAYS BE COUPLED, either to themselves or to the log splitter.

/ 3-hoses on loader valve - what does what? #9  
More than likely the red line is your pressure into the loader valve. The green is your power beyond (pressure out) and the orange is your return to tank line. The fitting under the green line is most likely the power beyond adapter plug.

If you want to make it simple and as economical as possible, just run a line from the green port to the back. Have a set of couplers at the back. Then run a return line to were ever the green line now connects. This will make a complete loop. Couple the hoses at the rear together or uncouple and insert your log splitter. This will work as is. If your log splitter is a 3 line system, then you will need to tee into the return to tank link with the return to tank line on the splitter.

Pretty simple, just have to remember that the lines at the rear MUST ALWAYS BE COUPLED, either to themselves or to the log splitter.

That is right the green is PB.

/ 3-hoses on loader valve - what does what? #10  
A way to be sure about which one is the pb port...remove the line and the adapter and see if there is a removable plug inside...