3 Point Hiccuping on Farmall 45

/ 3 Point Hiccuping on Farmall 45 #1  

rebelback

Bronze Member
Tractor
2010 Case Farmall 45 HST
I was out doing some general maintenence on my 2010 Farmall 45 HST tonight and noticed that my 3 point hydraulics are hiccuping. When lifted to do height or even just barely off the ground with the bush hog in the cutting position it will lower just a hair then catch itself with the tractor running. When it is off it will sound light it is slowly creaking letting down. From what I've read the most likely culprit seems to be an o ring failure on the hydraulic cylinder. Does anybody have an explanation on how to perform the o ring replacement on my Farmall 45 and how involved of a job is it?

/ 3 Point Hiccuping on Farmall 45 #2  
I was out doing some general maintenence on my 2010 Farmall 45 HST tonight and noticed that my 3 point hydraulics are hiccuping. When lifted to do height or even just barely off the ground with the bush hog in the cutting position it will lower just a hair then catch itself with the tractor running. When it is off it will sound light it is slowly creaking letting down. From what I've read the most likely culprit seems to be an o ring failure on the hydraulic cylinder. Does anybody have an explanation on how to perform the o ring replacement on my Farmall 45 and how involved of a job is it?

Get a factory service manual. The instructions should be in there. The lift cylinder leaks down and the position control reacts to correct it.

/ 3 Point Hiccuping on Farmall 45 #3  
I'm gathering service manuals in .pdf form from a variety of sources for <$30 per and back 'em up on pen drives. It's easy to print a few pager to get dirty on the workbench or in the back 40 w/o lugging the whole book around. I bought another for my Case/IH DX26 to debug a no start condition and had 'er fixed that afternoon.

This example is copyrighted 2010 and applies to 55A & 45A pre-tier models.