Comparison 3-point hitch identification

/ 3-point hitch identification #1  

JayRm

Tractor
Kubota L4060; Kubota RX1100
How does one determine whether, or not, the 3-point hitch on a Kubota L4060 is a category 1 or 2?

Also, is this tractor considered a "Grand" L or a "standard" tractor?

Thank you.

Jay M

/ 3-point hitch identification #3  
If it has this Trans I would say it's a grand L. HST Plus

Type: hydrostatic

Gears: infinite (3-range) forward and reverse

Hydrostatic transmission with three ranges plus Hydro Dual Speed Hi-Lo. The Dual Speed allows rapid switching between two speeds in range, either automatically or with a lever on the steering column.

/ 3-point hitch identification #5  
Also, is this tractor considered a "Grand" L or a "standard" tractor?

The last two digits in the model number xx60, indicate it is a Grand L of the current series.

Last edited:
   / 3-point hitch identification #6  
3PH is category 1.

Lower arms should measure just a little over 7/8" for cat I and just a tad over 1-1/8 for cat II

/ 3-point hitch identification #8  
L series will be a cat 1. Unless they have changed they do not have cat 2 till you hit M series. The pins in the lift arms are 7/8 inch on cat 1 and 1 1/8 on cat 2 if Friday afternoon brain is not clouded.

/ 3-point hitch identification #9  
L series will be a cat 1. Unless they have changed they do not have cat 2 till you hit M series. The pins in the lift arms are 7/8 inch on cat 1 and 1 1/8 on cat 2 if Friday afternoon brain is not clouded.

I think the upper two GrandL's have a cat I & II. Like the L6060. Really is too much tractor for most cat I implements.

/ 3-point hitch identification #10  
My Grand L 5740 is a Cat 2 as was the one below it. SAE standard is 50 HP and up (can't remember the 2 to 3 HP switch) Cat 2. Kubota follows the standard although some others (Deere in particular) don't. The Cat 2 Kubotas are actually Cat 1-2 in that the arms will swing in to Cat 1 position and you can get the bushings for Cat 1 to Cat 2 in any farm store. Our JD 6230 for example will not allow the draft arms swing into the Cat 1 position. Our 7720 Deere, however, is Cat 3 but the arms can move to Cat 2 and we use Cat 2 implements using bushings.