3 point hitch rippers

/ 3 point hitch rippers
I just ordered this one with the pipe layer attachment. Cheapest one in Oz. One lot wanted $1590 + GST. I told him he was a bit over the top. I have lots of poly pipe to lay and I can use it for ripping roots around stumps too. I also ordered a quick hitch so that should keep me happy for a while. :)
I will rip the ground first before I start laying the pipe to make sure there are no large rocks in the way.
I'm sure shipping costs would be through the roof :p

/ 3 point hitch rippers #22  
I would love to see one of these "pipe layers" in action. A vibrating plow can be pulled through the ground because the the vibration adds a lot to the movement. Just placing a ripper behind a tractor and penetrating hard ground a few feet takes a lot of traction.

/ 3 point hitch rippers #23  
If your in heavy clay and rocks like I am here dont bother with any of that TSC ground engagement crap. I bent a sub soiler in the first 1hr of use. The back blade lasted a bit longer but sold it before I could bend it any more.

I have a old hawse box blade with 5 rippers that work well. If you drop them all the way down and tilt the box forward it does well for ripping the ground. It also works 5x faster than a sub soiler.

/ 3 point hitch rippers #24  
If your in heavy clay and rocks like I am here dont bother with any of that TSC ground engagement crap. I bent a sub soiler in the first 1hr of use. The back blade lasted a bit longer but sold it before I could bend it any more.

I have a old hawse box blade with 5 rippers that work well. If you drop them all the way down and tilt the box forward it does well for ripping the ground. It also works 5x faster than a sub soiler.

For ripping soil with a box blade, he has given you the ticket in his advice. Put the scarifiers as low in the frame as possible but secure, shorten the top link as far as possible, making the blades touch soil lightly if at all but the scarifiers digging to greatest depth allowed. Depending on how baked hard your clay is, it may take several passes to gain much depth. Try alternating your passes if possible (90 degrees, and 45 degrees in X pattern to loosen the soil and items below the soil.
Get as heavy duty a BB as you can find as buried items can put lots of strain on equipment.

/ 3 point hitch rippers #26  
I made a ripper / pipe laying implement.
It wasn't strong enough, so I made it stranger. Then stronger again, adding 5/16 plate to each side so now it's 1" thick and heavily reinforced.

It has to be strong enough to stop the tractor with all drive wheels turning.

I have 4 tons, 4wd, and it works ok in soft ground. If you want to rip 2' into rocky clay, you'll need something heavier I think.

Attachments

• tube puller reenforced.jpg
    tube puller reenforced.jpg
    402.2 KB · Views: 68
   / 3 point hitch rippers
I made a ripper / pipe laying implement.
It wasn't strong enough, so I made it stranger. Then stronger again, adding 5/16 plate to each side so now it's 1" thick and heavily reinforced.

It has to be strong enough to stop the tractor with all drive wheels turning.

I have 4 tons, 4wd, and it works ok in soft ground. If you want to rip 2' into rocky clay, you'll need something heavier I think.
Thats a nice looking ripper there. Do you pull that on your Same 85? My farmtrac is a Same engine. I would be close to 5 tons in weight on mine.

After I'm done haying this year I may scrounge around and see what I have for scrap iron. I might have enough big pieces to make my own but my welding skills are very novice. That is, if I don't find a box blade by then.

/ 3 point hitch rippers #28  
Yes, it goes on the SAME.
Several times, I've pulled 100 meter tubes through the ground, 2' under. It doesn't like curves much though.
As a ripper I've used in on roots and rotten stumps.

Sometimes it does stop the tractor, all 4 wheels still turning.

when it sticks, the draft control wants to lift it, and even with that all the way up the downward angle of the hitch arms cause lifting. When laying a tube I chain it down.