3 point hitch roller

/ 3 point hitch roller #1  

Charlesaf3

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030, Kubota M59 TLB
Is there a 3 point hitch roller anyone would recommend? Seems like a surprisingly hard thing to find. All I've come across is the cheapie law tractor rollers, that seem like they wouldn't have enough weight to be useful.

A 3pt hitch one would be better than towable for lifting and turning in corners etc.

I'm not worried about lawn compaction - soil is basically sand and I've got a core aerator

/ 3 point hitch roller #2  
They make 3 point cultipackers, is that what you‘re looking for? There’s usually one or two on Ebay, so you can see what they look like. I have no experience with them. Obviously they won’t be as heavy as a pull type, but apparently they work in some applications.

/ 3 point hitch roller
I was thinking a water filled roller like a lawn roller, but I'm not familiar with cultipackers, I'll have a look.

/ 3 point hitch roller
huh, cultipacker is interesting, but looks like it would chew up established lawn and driveway, which is what I want to smooth/compact

/ 3 point hitch roller #5  
huh, cultipacker is interesting, but looks like it would chew up established lawn and driveway, which is what I want to smooth/compact

Theres a post here that Someone ( I cant remember who ) built a real nice one , somewhere but darned if I can find it . Hopefully He,ll see this thread. :D . Bob

/ 3 point hitch roller
yeah, I saw that when I did a search - couple of people seem to have built nice ones out of propane tanks. But thats way beyond my skills I fear. Weird, doesn't seem anyone makes one for tractors - I saw a canadian one, but only one website for it.