3-Point-Hitch - What hooks-up 1st ?

/ 3-Point-Hitch - What hooks-up 1st ? #11  
I am refering to the side or tilt adjustment.

/ 3-Point-Hitch - What hooks-up 1st ? #12  
Hookup: Bottom 2 arms, then adjust up or down so the top link fits.

Unhook: Set on ground so the top link is loose (just touching the ground usually), unhook it. Rest implement all the way down, unhook the bottom 2 arms.

Sometimes that is harder than it sounds, and some days/ some implements are a little different.

--->Paul

/ 3-Point-Hitch - What hooks-up 1st ? #13  
I always curl my bucket down and stick it in the ground so if I need to move the tractor a bit I can do it with the loader and not have to get back on the tractor. Maybe everybody does that already, thought I'd mention it.

/ 3-Point-Hitch - What hooks-up 1st ? #14  
<font color="blue">the implement plumb to the tractor </font>
I don't understand. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Using a rotary cutter as an example, do you mean that the cutter would be level, front to back?

/ 3-Point-Hitch - What hooks-up 1st ? #15  
<font color="blue">the implement plumb to the tractor
</font>

I wasn't directly referring to a mower. If I attach my spreader, tiller, or snowblower and it is leaning too far toward the tractor or vice versa it will put undue stress on the PTO universal joints. So I eyeball and adjust the implement square using the top link even before I attach the PTO shaft. In some cases slightly lifting the spreader, tiller, or snowblower makes attaching the PTO shaft even easier than if it is resting on the ground. This is especially true in the case of my spreader. When the spreader sits on the ground the PTO is at a very awkward angle and not easy to cope with.

/ 3-Point-Hitch - What hooks-up 1st ? #16  
Yup, I agree. The non-adjustable of the 2 lifting arms first, then the adjustable one, then the pto, and finally the top link. Remember to put the pins back in the sway arms after you get the implement attached, or those sways arms will rub you tires at times. Some of the newest tractors have adjustable lifting arms on both sides, and if you don't have such and really want it - just buy another adjustable arm and install it on the non-adjustable side (I haven't seen the need for such).

/ 3-Point-Hitch - What hooks-up 1st ?
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I always curl my bucket down and stick it in the ground so if I need to move the tractor a bit I can do it with the loader and not have to get back on the tractor. Maybe everybody does that already, thought I'd mention it. )</font>

Neat technique !

Dave...