3 point hitch won't go down

/ 3 point hitch won't go down #1  

chauke

Tractor
Yanmar 1500
I have a Yanmar 1500 and just got done changing the transmission/hydraulic fluid and filter and went t o raise and lower the 3 point hitch. It went up but would not go down. I didn't have an attachment on it so at first i thought it wouldn't go down because it didn't have any weight on it. I put my weight on it with the lever in the lower position but it didn't budge. Could I have somehow got it stuck in the up position because I operated it without an attachment on it? Could there be air in the system from when I drained the fluid? Dump valve failed?

/ 3 point hitch won't go down #2  
Welcome to TBN...........

Have you checked the control valve below your seat? Usually there is a knob the controls how fast the 3 pt will drop. If the knob is fully clockwise the valve is closed and won't let the 3pt. go down.

/ 3 point hitch won't go down #3  
If it’s still up after 4 hours,
seek medical attention
That’s what the tv commercials say

/ 3 point hitch won't go down
Welcome to TBN...........

Have you checked the control valve below your seat? Usually there is a knob the controls how fast the 3 pt will drop. If the knob is fully clockwise the valve is closed and won't let the 3pt. go down.
yep, the valve is fully open

/ 3 point hitch won't go down #6  
Trace from the knob back...rod connections,maybe build up on arms.

/ 3 point hitch won't go down
I have a Yanmar 1500 and just got done changing the transmission/hydraulic fluid and filter and went t o raise and lower the 3 point hitch. It went up but would not go down. I didn't have an attachment on it so at first i thought it wouldn't go down because it didn't have any weight on it. I put my weight on it with the lever in the lower position but it didn't budge. Could I have somehow got it stuck in the up position because I operated it without an attachment on it? Could there be air in the system from when I drained the fluid? Dump valve failed?
Its working now. When I started looking into it a little more, I noticed that it looked like the actuator piston wasn't coming out enough to dump (it was sticking). I sprayed a little WD-40 around the actuator piston area and cycled the 3 point lift a few times. It works great now!