3 Point Lift Lever "stop?"

/ 3 Point Lift Lever "stop?" #1  

tonyg2160

Tractor
Yanmar 2310D
Okay, what is the "official" name of the thing that slides up and down the track for the 3 point lift lever and provides an adjustable "stop" location to give you a "down" position that you can set? I need a new one, and it's hard to find one if you can't figure out for the life of you what it's called. Mine had a wing nut that would tighten down on a little stud, and of course I twisted it off trying to "unrust" it. ;)

/ 3 Point Lift Lever "stop?" #2  
it's called a hydraulic leaver set control knob you can find them at hoye.com or call them.

/ 3 Point Lift Lever "stop?" #3  
Yea was going to say call hoye if you can't find online.

/ 3 Point Lift Lever "stop?" #4  
not sure about your set up but on my JD and Ferguson I just use a carriage head bolts the lever will nest between them and if i need to go lower it will slide over them.

/ 3 Point Lift Lever "stop?" #5  
it's called a hydraulic leaver set control knob you can find them at hoye.com or call them.

Thank you! Has anyone put a hydraulic lever set control knob above the lever so that you can't adjust it to a point above a certain level? I'm thinking of doing this because I have a PTO shaft that's a little too long. If I keep the implement low, it's no problem, but if I raise it up too high, it could do damage. It seems like it would be fine if I just put one of these knobs above the lever.

/ 3 Point Lift Lever "stop?" #6  
Thank you! Has anyone put a hydraulic lever set control knob above the lever so that you can't adjust it to a point above a certain level? I'm thinking of doing this because I have a PTO shaft that's a little too long. If I keep the implement low, it's no problem, but if I raise it up too high, it could do damage. It seems like it would be fine if I just put one of these knobs above the lever.

How to Measure and Cut a Tractor PTO Shaft - YouTube

Resize pto shaft - prevent future problems or invest in a quick hitch

/ 3 Point Lift Lever "stop?" #7  
cutting a pto shaft is easy and should be done, 2 of my tractors have stops above and below the 3 pt lever,

/ 3 Point Lift Lever "stop?" #8  

All you need is a wing-nut, a 3/4-inch nylon bushing, and a screw. Now assembly them on the 3PT lift control arm swing. Right there in the slot as a STOP to prevent going higher.

My Pa's 8N had those for both the lower stop and the upper stop. Simple to make from the hardware store.

3PT Lever Stop.JPG

/ 3 Point Lift Lever "stop?" #9  
My Ford parts manual simply calls it a "Stop". The "Stop Knob" with a 1/4-20 stud goes through the stop, which is just a pointer, then the quadrant and threads into a "Tee Nut". On my tractor, the tee nut is the part that actually does the stopping as it engages tabs on the each "handle" as they move on the underside of the quadrant. The handles are flexible so they can be moved away from the quadrant enough to bypass the Tee Nut (stop) when/if necessary. Both the stop (pointer) and the tee nut are made so they move through the slot in the quadrant without rotating. The single Tee Nut allows the Stop to be set for either the lift control or the draft control handle.