3 point lift question

/ 3 point lift question #1  

hoozie

Tractor
MT210D
I have a MT210D.

Ever since I've had it, the 3 point will only lift at all, then go all the way up, in the last inch or so of the 6" of travel in the lever. Is this supposed to be normal? I can get the lift half way down if I move the lever back down ~half an inch.

Any ideas why it would do that, or what I should adjust?

Thanks!

/ 3 point lift question #2  
does the 3 point have any weight on it? is the pressure control valve under the seat in the open position?
My MT20D had one. allows you to control the speed of the drop or completely lock it in place

/ 3 point lift question
Yes, it has weight on it (mower deck or rototiller).

I believe the bar under the seat is CCW as far as it will go, until it hits the pin.

Edit: there's about a quarter inch before it hits the pin.

Last edited:
   / 3 point lift question
Follow up question; am I supposed to be able to spin the flow control knob under the seat by hand, without loosening the nut? I can't...

To clarify, the 3 pt goes up and down just fine, it's that it only moves in the last inch of travel of the lever.

/ 3 point lift question #5  
Does it have a draft/positional control lever? (lever on tranny housing that doesn't seem to do anything?) Sounds like it's running in draft mode

/ 3 point lift question #6  
Does this model have 3pt position control or just up and down hydraulics?

/ 3 point lift question
There's just one lever to the right of the seat. It has numbers from 1 though 7, and a couple of adjustable stops to limit the travel of the lever.

I have the Shop manual for it, and it doesn't look like I have the mechanism shown for draft control.

Watching this video (obviously not the same tractor, lol), his 3point lift lever looks like mine, and I have a knob under the seat similar to his for flow control, but mine is a single turn only, and I can't move it by hand.
The most MISUNDERSTOOD control on a tractor - TMT - YouTube

/ 3 point lift question
This is the flow control knob, that doesn't move.
20200923_194625.jpg

Not sure why this one is sideways, but this is the lever to raise or lower the 3 point.
20200923_194548.jpg

/ 3 point lift question #9  
Does it have a draft/positional control lever? (lever on tranny housing that doesn't seem to do anything?) Sounds like it's running in draft mode

Wow, do I feel STUPID! I have had the same issue as the OP on my MTE2000D- I went out and checked the position of the draft control lever and sure enough it was the culprit. Many thanks sir!!!

/ 3 point lift question
Bump Wisdom of the Ancients

I recently got a post hole digger, so I had to have the height control working better.

Turns out the feedback rod from the 3pt (#34) to the hydraulics (#28) was locked up, causing it to not work properly.

In the image, pin 31 was frozen in lever 28. Rod 33 was pretty bent. I took the lever off and got the pin free (and snapped #28 in half while doing it :mad:. A friend was able to weld the cast iron back together).

Now that it's back together, the 3pt arms raise slowly following the lever, just like they're supposed to. I think I also got more height out of it too*.

* I just replaced the lift arms with shorter ones to get more height to pick up the post hole digger. I don't think I actually needed them, since the arms almost touch the fenders now o_O
😅

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-20 142024.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-06-20 142024.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 71