Snow Attachments 3 point snowblower question..

/ 3 point snowblower question.. #31  
Thanks RickB for the advice.
Thanks Boylerman. Question, do you have the plow mounted on the loader or use a subframe?

My plow is on the loader so I never have to remove it. It has a SSQA plate so swapping between bucket, forks and plow is easy.

/ 3 point snowblower question..
Ah. I致e been considering adding that type of plow for this winter. Ultimately I think a subframe plow is in the future, but how do you like that style of plow. Any issues? Concerns?

/ 3 point snowblower question.. #33  
I have not had any issues or problems with the loader mounted plow. I can plow piles up to 8' high. I can swap out the bucket for the plow in about 2 minutes. You can't do that with a sub-frame plow!

_DSC0558.JPG

Wow! Looks like you have a great set up! How far out does the plow sit from the mounting plate? That may be an issue for me as far as winter storage goes

/ 3 point snowblower question.. #35  
Wow! Looks like you have a great set up! How far out does the plow sit from the mounting plate? That may be an issue for me as far as winter storage goes

There are a couple threads here on tucking the plow frame under the SSQA plate. I went with that method mainly because I didn't want the plow to act like a rudder when angled. The other benefit is making the overall length of the equipment shorter.

This is an 8' Fisher blade with a bottom trip edge. The frame connects to the blade higher than some because of that design. It helps avoid dragging the SSQA plate or part of the mounting on the pavement. Paul Short had that problem and added an extra pair of skid shoes to his frame to get around it.

Attachments

• IMG_4744.JPG
    IMG_4744.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_4819.JPG
    IMG_4819.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 122
Hi chim..for some reason I can稚 see your attached thumbnails..?

/ 3 point snowblower question.. #37  
There are numerous threads here on tire chains;
Mnay people will tell you that chains will damage your driveway,
if you are spinning your tires with chains yes you can damage a driveway.
That said with really good chain you will not spin so you will not damage it.

The best chains for a tractor are the Euro style;
such as the Aquiline Talon, the OFA, the TRYGG.
This style of chain will provide the most traction, the smoothest ride and actually do the least damage as any.

Any chain with cross "bar" types of links will ride rough and bouncy, the duo-grip style even more so.

Some of the smaller tractor tires may need to go with ATV sized chains in the diamond pattern.

Attachments

• 100_4165.JPG
    100_4165.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 93
  • Branson an blade.jpg
    Branson an blade.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 100
  • Branson chains.jpg
    Branson chains.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 82
  • snow bank 5 jan 18.jpg
    7.9 MB · Views: 88
  • chains 5.jpg
    chains 5.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 94
   / 3 point snowblower question.. #38  
Hi chim..for some reason I can稚 see your attached thumbnails..?

Here's a thread with several pics:

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/408923-setback-underslung-ssqa-snow-plow-2.html

Here's Paul's video. One departure that I made was to use a chain so the blade can be floated just like it would have been on the truck the plow was originally mounted on (weight of the blade and its mounting hardware only). Using the loader's float position presses down on the blade with the added weight of the loader frame.:

Viewer Question (Kubota Snow Plow) - YouTube