3 point sprayer help

/ 3 point sprayer help
For anyone interested: After advice in the forums and a few calls, I purchased Camlock fittings for the 3-point sprayer. Makes the hookup and clean up a breeze compared to without them. I can now easily fill the pump with RV anitfreeze when done and store by itself. Just sharing
CamLocks_Sprayer.jpg

/ 3 point sprayer help #13  
Are these pumps stainless? From my experience cast iron pumps should be treated as disposable.

/ 3 point sprayer help
Are these pumps stainless? From my experience cast iron pumps should be treated as disposable.
Hypro 7560XL (8 roller). Not sure what you mean by disposable ?

/ 3 point sprayer help #16  
Hypro 7560XL (8 roller). Not sure what you mean by disposable ?
That looks like a good pump. The basic cast pumps rust like no tomorrow especially when spraying glyphosate. What I was saying is the cast pumps are essentially a throw away item. They won’t last. Expect to buy a new one each season as they will corrode.

/ 3 point sprayer help
That looks like a good pump. The basic cast pumps rust like no tomorrow especially when spraying glyphosate. What I was saying is the cast pumps are essentially a throw away item. They won’t last. Expect to buy a new one each season as they will corrode.
Oh boy, You hit the nail on the head !
The ENTIRE purpose of my original post was exactly what you mentioned = the cast iron pumps were giving me fits. I could NOT ever keep the pump from rusting / corrosion to the point of failure. One reason was the inability to COMPLETELY drain / flush the system "enough". That is, I suppose I could have run multiple 100's of gallons of clean water, followed by gallons of anti-freeze..... otherwise, .... the pump was almost "disposable".
So, I upgraded to the Silver Series, AND added the camlocks. Makes it easy to drain and fill the PUMP with anti-freeze (the manufacturer said "no diesel").