3 PTH lift ball replace

/ 3 PTH lift ball replace #2  
Seems like you would need to cut and weld??

/ 3 PTH lift ball replace #3  
There must be a way to replace just that ball, the John Deere dealer by me has them.

/ 3 PTH lift ball replace #4  
Your balls are held in place by a thick washer on one or both sides, depending on ... (Bet you never guessed that :D) The washers are tack welded to the arms. Die grind the tack welds to release the ball. Insert the new one and reweld the keeper washer. If your balls are worn out;), the Easy Change systems make a good alternative to replacement.

OK, now let the Peanut Gallery in... Who's got their balls on their arms ?

/ 3 PTH lift ball replace #5  
Things may be different now but there used to be dual category link ends where the ball what held in place with a clip to make it easy to switch from Cat I to Cat II and back. At that time the balls on single category lift arms were swaged in place and the common method of replacing them was to cut the end off and weld on a replacement link end which contained the swaged in ball.

/ 3 PTH lift ball replace #7  
Bedlam, Yes I have had that pleasure.... :D:D Was doing some work with no attachment on the 3pt, and walked around the tractor, and darn..... lost my ball..... Went looking, and was lucky enough to find the D## thing before the mower did, and said great, I will put this back in. Do you thing I looked to make sure it was going to stay in, nnnnnnoooooo!!!!..
Lost it good 10 min. later.... Know I will find it with mower blade this summer. :mad: Went to TSC and picked up new set (one for spare). I think they were around $7.
Funny thing is, on my NH3430 they are just the round type (like attachment shows) that you pop in and there is a keeper spring that should ;);) keep them in. On my NH TN65 they are the same round ball, but they have a big notch cut off of each side. Will only go in one way and when turned they wont come out. ( Theory) ;);) This set had to come from NH dealer, and I believe they were close to $25ea. !@$#%
The balls can be had in either Cat1, or Cat2. On both my tractors they are made to be easily changeable as one way to go quickly from Cat 1 to Cat2, just change the balls!
I have seen the other weld on type and unless someone was building their own implements i can't think of a use for them.... Would be interesting to find out what others have used this weld on type for.