300x loader Vs 300cx

/ 300x loader Vs 300cx #1  

RBCanada

Well I've decided on buying a 3320. Made another trip to the JD dealer this afternoon but I still confused about the two loaders. Does anyone know if there is a difference in the frame of the loaders? I know the CX can load higher and can carry 200lbs more but is it really worth the extra? Does anyone know if the cylinders are heavier duty, rod size etc.? The Dealer did not have a 300x to show me, but I did not like the looks of the 300 that was on a older model is it similar to the 300x as far as cylinders are conserned. Thanks agian RB:confused:

/ 300x loader Vs 300cx #2  
Hi RB,

I haven't had a chance to really look at two side by side either...

I suspect that the masts and castings are basically the same (read: cost-effective), where I see a difference in the manual & pics is just above where the bucket hooks on to the quick-attach... another pivot point for leverage there to assist with curl & extension...

Maybe one of the dealers have an idea about the actual cylinders used there... pics look as though the CX has larger cylinders.

The 300CX has a lot more capability for adding attachments (bale spear, grapple bucket, front blades, 4 in 1 buckets, skid steer attachment) to the front than the 300X, so that's another selling point.

If you buy the top of the line, you'll never ask "what if"... that's worth a lot, IMHO.

Good luck with the purchase!

/ 300x loader Vs 300cx
Thanks for the tip, I noticed on the JD parts web site that there is a definate difference between the bucket cylinders different rod part # along with cyilinder body part # . I also noticed that it showed different part #'s for the 300x and 300cx lift cylinders. I believe they are heavier duty, its too bad I cannot compare the difference side by side or I'm sure it's a no brainer. RB

/ 300x loader Vs 300cx #4  
I just went through this. I had ordered my 3320 with the 300X & a backhoe. I received various posts recommending going with the CX, but the one that changed my mind basically pointed out that I was saving $400 now on a tractor that I would likely be keeping for the next 10 - 20 years, and would probably kick myself later on. I had thought the upgrade was more expensive based on the JD configurator prices, but the dealer confirmed the $400 difference. I gave him the 400 bucks, and was glad I did. (The extra foot of lift was worth that to me...) Since it lifts more weight and lifts higher at the same time, it would have to have stronger hydraulics. (They could change the pivot points and either gain lift or strength with the same cylinders, but not both...)

/ 300x loader Vs 300cx #5  
I do have the 300X - part of the used 3320 package I bought. I wish I could have paid the $400 but so far I have not found one thing I cannot do with it. I even found a way to mount the oil lines for the 3rd valve on to mine. I use it with the 72" Front Blade I bought from John here on tbn. If you are buying new get the 300CX. If you get the 300X with a used tractor do not worry - it will do what needs to be done.

/ 300x loader Vs 300cx #6  
Like Mike, if you end up with a 300X smile and enjoy. If the only difference is paying $400, do not think twice about it, get the CX.