Oil & Fuel 3010 starting issue

/ 3010 starting issue #1  

AkGoldDredging

Tractor
LS3010
Hello, I have an LS S3010 with 95 hours on it. Today I noticed it a little sluggish at times. It died on me once and it fired up and I ran it for a about an hour. I ran out of fuel and drained the battery trying to restart it. I charged the battery and now it will turn over but will not start. I am getting fuel through the filter and the pump is working as it should. I have changed the fuel filter several times and have not had to bleed the system before. Other than purging the system of air, does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

/ 3010 starting issue
I loosened each line at each injector and turned the key over until the fuel started coming out. At first there was a few air bubbles on the first injector then a straight stream of fuel. I tried to start it and it did not. I did the second injector and still had some air and it still did not start. I did this on the third injector and it finally fired up but was still lagging. After doing the fourth injector it seems to be fine now. I started at the rear injector working my way forward if it makes any difference, I do not know. Some may already know this but just in case you are like me and have to wing it, maybe it will help someone else.

/ 3010 starting issue #3  
I wonder if you had either bad fuel, or something in the fuel that got into the injectors.?

/ 3010 starting issue
That is quite possible. I know better than to let the fuel get so low let alone run it all out. I was having so much fun I didnt even pay attention to my gauge.

/ 3010 starting issue #5  
That can happen when playing with your tractor!:)

:)

/ 3010 starting issue #6  
AKgold,

A couple of questions.
1) when the injector nuts are loose and you turn the engine over, is the injector pump output a 'spit' or a flow?
2) were you operating at the claim or at home when this happened? You may have not cleared all the water out of the lines. You know how nasty remote fuel tanks get up here.