3039R....engine frame broke!,,,

/ 3039R....engine frame broke!,,, #11  
I thought this is a LS tractor, not John Deere???? This frame was either made with poor steel, or poorly designed. If it was mine, I'd remove the broken frame and have fish plates added to both sides. I only say that if the same bolt hole is located on the other side of the engine as well. I can't see it that's the case in the photos.

Last edited:
   / 3039R....engine frame broke!,,, #12  
It is in LS forum but his title is wrong. An LS would be a R3039. A 3039R is a JD.

Don't know why it happened but think a good welder may be able to repair in place and weld a reinforcement plate on the inside of the frame then drill a new hole through the added plate. Check with a welding shop as mentioned for the best way to approach this repair.

/ 3039R....engine frame broke!,,, #13  
OP should probably clarify what tractor he has. But I think he messed up the numbers. I think it's an LS since it looks like blue paint and he posted an LS parts diagram.

/ 3039R....engine frame broke!,,, #15  
if he calls john deere I know what they will do, laugh their tales off. unbolt the frame and weld it up

/ 3039R....engine frame broke!,,, #16  
   / 3039R....engine frame broke!,,,
Here is an update. LS says it is out of warranty. The new frame is around 350 plus labor. For an extra 75 I can get some factory plates that add strength to the weak point....so they know there is an issue. All in I think it will cost around a grand. The tractor has been great and I have no other real issues with almost 900 hours. This is a huge bummer for me.
I will let you know the outcome.

/ 3039R....engine frame broke!,,, #18  
I would weld if I can be done without removing the frame. If you have to remove the frame for $350 it would get a new one. You would be paying at least $100 to get it welded, probably more. Either way it should get the $75 plates.

/ 3039R....engine frame broke!,,, #19  
Anyone who repairs frames on 80,000 lb trucks will know what to do.

Double this.

Take it to a truck frame shop, it will get fixed right and safe. Probably only cost a couple hundred and be done in a day.

/ 3039R....engine frame broke!,,, #20  
That repair vs some of the other frame repairs needed on NH tractors is a cheap one! You might also make that bracket larger so it goes up further to the front to hold the whole piece.