3155 John Deere technical manual

/ 3155 John Deere technical manual #1  

pmsmechanic

Elite Member
Tractor
4410 and F-935 John Deere, MF 245
I'm looking for a Technical Manual for a 3155 John Deere. The neighbour broke his front axle and I want to make sure I put all the gears back together properly. If anybody knows of a website that sells downloads or has a pdf of a manual that would be great. Thanks

/ 3155 John Deere technical manual
Thanks for the info. The price for a paper manual isn't bad at $140 and a CD is $70. It's hard to justify for one job. If I can't find a download then I'll just get the dealer to loan me their book or print off the pages I need. Once again thanks.

/ 3155 John Deere technical manual #4  
If you go to John Deere parts they have a schematic with part numbers. That may be all you need.

I'm not worried about how it goes together. I'm mixing parts from two different differential housings and want to make sure I get the gear clearances right. Also I have my own ideas on how to check the clearances but the TM might have a simpler way.

/ 3155 John Deere technical manual #6  
Was not sure what you needed.

My neighbour tore one of the lower front wheel pivot points (king pin) out of his front wheel assist 3155 tractor. He ordered a used piece from a tractor wrecker and that is arriving on Monday. The crown gear clearances are set by shims in the bearing cones. You set the crown gear into the housing and bolt the opposite side onto the main housing. It would just be real nice to have a John Deere technical manual so that I don't make any expensive mistakes.

John Deere - Parts Catalog

Parts number 19 and 10 get bolted together with the crown gear carrier in between.

He tore out the eye right close to the number 18 on part number 10.