316 square baler

/ 316 square baler #1  

Saskfarmhand

I recently bought a 316 baler. It has a quarter turn chute on it. Does this mean i cant use a stooker without modifying it. It doesnt have a hitch for one. What is the reason for the chute.

/ 316 square baler #2  
I'm assuming it's a 316 New Holland. I don't know what you mean by "stooker". A quarter turn chute is made to drop the bales on their narrow side, so the twine is not on the ground. The bales can then be picked up by hand, or with a New Holland picker upper machine (for lack of the proper name). If you want to pull a wagon behind, adding a hitch shouldn't be that difficult. I have a 316, and the hitch is just channel iron and 2 inch pipe.

/ 316 square baler
We call it a stooker but its a bale stacker. It makes a triangle out of the bales in a 4-3-2-1 pattern. I read that bales in the field dry faster if they get rained on if they are sideways. Dont know if its true but ill find out soon enough Im sure. Can you put up a picture of your hitch so i have an idea how to start. Thanks

/ 316 square baler #4  
I hope these pics will help. This baler has a thrower on it, but the hitch should be the same. The last pic was taken from the under side. baler hitch 001.jpgbaler hitch 002.jpgbaler hitch 003.jpgbaler hitch 004.jpg

/ 316 square baler
Yeah. They do help. Seems pretty simple. At least i know where to mount to. Thanks.