3510i Transmission Screen

/ 3510i Transmission Screen #1  

cpocobb

Bronze Member
Tractor
Branson 3510
Branson 3510i hydraulic fluid screen - where is it? I bought a used 3510 and the seller told me it recently had it's 300 hr. service by the dealer. However, the hydraulics have been acting up a little - bouncing implements when the 3 pt. is up, bucket sometimes won't pick up the front end. I'm gonna start by changing the hyd. filter and fluid, and I've read that there is a screen to clean as well. Anybody know where it is and the best way to clean it?

Thanks!

Last edited:
   / 3510i Transmission Screen #2  
Look on the right side of the tractor, behind the rear wheel, just forward and below the rear axle line. There is a sort of rounded triangular cover. It has 3 10mm bolts on the perimeter, and a larger, probably 15mm plug in the center. Remove the cover by taking out the 3 10mm bolts. Be careful as this is sealed with an O ring. The hydraulic screen is metal, and a cylinder about 8 inches long. Remove it from the tractor and flush with clean diesel fuel. Let dry then reassemble.

Of course you'll want to have all the fluid drained, or it's gonna come out when you remove the cover.

/ 3510i Transmission Screen #3  
To drain the trans fluid there is a drain plug in the center bottom front of the trans under the driveshaft area. You will need at least 3- 5 gal buckets!
First I would see what filter is on it. There have been complaints about non-Branson filters fitting but not working properly. Search this forum.

/ 3510i Transmission Screen
Thanks for the info. I saw the posts about the filter, and mine has a factory filter. That kinda worries me.....