3520 ERROR CODE 05

/ 3520 ERROR CODE 05 #1  

dirtworksequip

Veteran Member
Tractor
2006 JD 3520 w/cab & 300CX loader. 1995 JD 870 w/440 loader & 8b backhoe.JD 455 w/54" mower deck.
I was out grading up a road today and went to set the cruise control and error code 05 came up and the cruise function did not work. Shut it off and restarted. No code. Pushed the cruise switch and code came up again. I finished what I was doing and then looked in the manual.Err 05 Brake and Cruise Set/Decel Switch. ( PROBLEM SOURCE: Cruise control set/Decel switch depressed while brake is engaged.) (ACTION: Release brake pedal.) But the brake pedal was not depressed or PARKING BRAKE was not set.

So I thought I would disconnect the battery and see if that might clear it. If that did not work I was going to check out the cruise switches to see if one may have come loose.
But, before I do that maybe pull up on the brake pedal. Shazzammmm! That was it.

/ 3520 ERROR CODE 05 #2  
Glad that work out so well. Most little bugs don't.

Does your 3520 have the automotive cruise control or just the standard one button control?

Al

/ 3520 ERROR CODE 05
It came with the standard cruise and I installed the auto style optional cruise.

/ 3520 ERROR CODE 05 #4  
My 3320 had the same problem. I have the automotive style cruise, and found the same cure. Wish JD had put it in the operators manual as a quick check. I rarely hit the brake so it was up, but probably stuck the switch from lack of use.