3520h wheel seal leak

/ 3520h wheel seal leak #1  

jmh1783

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2555 HST
Anyone see the new youtube video on a wheel seal leak on a 2015 3520H? Is this a common problem for these tractors? I wonder why the guy didn't get help from a dealer. Perhaps his dealer closed, not sure. Definitely looks like something that would be beyond what I would want to tackle myself.

/ 3520h wheel seal leak #2  
Good video by a very handy DIY owner. I had the same thing happen to my 2800H at around 50 hours and it was fixed under warranty at my dealer.

Edit: about 3/4 of the way in the video he said he had made calls in to Branson but no reply. Didn't mention the dealer.

/ 3520h wheel seal leak
I noticed that too. Can't imagine why he didn't call the dealer. Some people prefer to fix things themselves though.

/ 3520h wheel seal leak #5  
Branson now has a new heavy duty seal that replaces the old. It's an awesome seal.

/ 3520h wheel seal leak
So Mr Bitz, was this just a 3520h thing or were other models affected?

/ 3520h wheel seal leak #7  
Branson now has a new heavy duty seal that replaces the old. It's an awesome seal.

And when did they start installing this awesome seal at the factory?

/ 3520h wheel seal leak #8  
All 20 series as far as I know. I've only personally seen them on the 4520/4720/and 5220 tractors, I've never had them on a 3520H but its the same axle so I'm sure same thing. Seems the smaller HP models don't do them.
The new seal was started back in January of this year I believe.

/ 3520h wheel seal leak #9  
Good to know. So my 4520R, made in March 2016, would be good.

/ 3520h wheel seal leak #10  
Well I wouldn't say that. Not sure they changed them in production yet. All I know is they have the new seals for replacements. If I had to guess Im thinking yours would not have the new seals. Tier 4 axles were probably built in mass production and until a new model is produced they are the same as day one. Just my thought.