35D Cutter Question

/ 35D Cutter Question #1  

shakieg

I am looking at the 35D with FEL and I am not sure about the best way to cut grass with this. Rear deck or Mid Rotary? Are the turf tires effective with the FEL on loose soil?

/ 35D Cutter Question #2  
shakieg,
Rear decks are fine if you don't have to mowe around a lot of things,and are easier to hitch up to your tractor.
Mid mower easier to mowe around things,but takes longer to hitch to your tractor.
Truf tires shouldn't have much of a problem on loose soil,not unless your mowing a slope or on wet grass on a slope,and turf tires while working your FEL shouldn't be a problem..just not as much traction bite w/ag tires.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ 35D Cutter Question #3  
Shakieg

If your worried about the tires & traction you could always opt for the R-4 tires. I have them on my 45D & they work great for both applications. They aren't as aggressive as the ag tires, but they do a good enough job in the slick areas and don't make a mess of the lawn when mowing. They seem to be a really good compromise.

As for front or rear mount it is a personal preferance thing. If you're mowing in a relatively flat area with a lot of things to mow around & you don't need to take the deck on & off too often the mid mount is probably the way to go. The rear mounts are easier on & off & they also allow for more travel up & down & side to side in some of the less favorable mowing conditions. The trade off is that you have to watch what your doing a little closer when mowing around things.

Troy