3616 runs with key in "crank" position,dies in run

/ 3616 runs with key in "crank" position,dies in run #1  

spears1

Tractor
mahindra 3616
My 3616 will run as long as the key is in the "crank" position. when it returns to the "run" position it dies.
The fuel pump(?) runs anytime the switch is on. Does this pump stop at pressure?
Replaced the Glow Plug timer as it had a burnt diode and other thingy in it when we opened the case.
what "kills" the engine? A fuel pressure drop, or what?

would also like a wiring schematic if anyone has or knows of one.

thanks
Pat

/ 3616 runs with key in "crank" position,dies in run #2  
A fuel pump solenoid, when energized, allows fuel to flow so it runs. It is a common thing to check when your tractor is not running or quitting.

/ 3616 runs with key in "crank" position,dies in run #3  
Many engine run solenoids have a start and a run winding with some having two relays one for each winding.

/ 3616 runs with key in "crank" position,dies in run #4  
Modern engines need the proper power signal to run. I wouldn’t chase too may zebras......start with the ignition switch! After all you know it runs......

/ 3616 runs with key in "crank" position,dies in run
forgot , new ignition switch.
where would the "run Solenoid" be and what does it look like?

thanks

/ 3616 runs with key in "crank" position,dies in run #6  
The fuel solenoid is on the fuel pump and normally has 2 wires going to it.

/ 3616 runs with key in "crank" position,dies in run #7  
3616 runs with key in "crank" position,dies in run

I’m still lost with your diagnosis logic. The switch has a few positions off, on and start. Or A, B and C. If the machine runs in position C but not in position B why are you chasing other parts.....it runs in position C? Something in the switch or switch wiring is off or failed.

/ 3616 runs with key in "crank" position,dies in run #8  
There should be a shut off solenoid on the {Back} inj. pump.. it probably has 3 wires.. Black is Ground.. Red is Hold & White is Pull-In..
The white power comes straight off the starter because the sol. needs LOTS of amps to PULL it IN..
Then it switches over thru a relay to the RED wire to HOLD it IN.. low amps..
Either u have a bad relay or switch OR the solenoid is bad.{most common}

IF its a simple 2 wire solenoid, check it w/ a Volt meter & you'll prob. find a relay or the key switch is bad..
There afew videos if u google>> "Mahindra 3616 shut off solenoid''
U should track it down in no time.. Good luck..

Thanks for all the help guys! found the 2 wire solenoid. one wire hot "key on" other hot "crank".
I can put hot to the "crank circuit and it will run ...BUT i wonder what long term effects that type of "riggage" will have ?
Thoughts?

Re: 3616 runs with key in "crank" position,dies in run

RNeumann
Granted, it would seem your thinking is correct...BUT.....
terminal "a" = Hot
terminal "b" = Run
terminal "c" = Start

All three check good.
chasing the wiring on this beast is crazy. It has the 2 wire Latching Solenoid on the fuel pump. These wires are gettin the PROPER voltage ( as far aas i can find, (12vdc)) when in their propper positions. Therfore I THINK... i have a bad solenoid.

but thanks for your reply.