Loader 3720 300x loader mounts jammed during install.

/ 3720 300x loader mounts jammed during install. #1  

Yourkie

Silver Member
2006 3720 with 300x loader and 447 BH.

Anyone ever run into this and if so I'd appreciate a tip on how to unwind it or release front mount? In the process of reinstalling my FEL tonight I was able to latch and engage my front parking stand on front bracket before the rear mast and frame mounts were fully engaged in the seated position. When I was lowering the masts I did notice a slight shift to the side of the masts that affected alignment to the mount. My recollection in the past was that it would pull the mount into alignment as it contacted the mount. So in this present off alignment position I am not able to engage the rear latches that would indicate the loader is installed in position, nor can I uninstall it by extending the cylinder and raising the masts and lowering parking stand which is latched.

Not sure if the positioning of the tractor relative to loader may have caused this. The loader was on a level concrete pad while the back tires of the tractor were slightly off and maybe 2 inches lower than the front. That puts the tractor on a slight incline relative to loader. I don't normally use this as a staging area but I was short space, and had no problem taking it off.

It was likely a cockpit error because I rarely pull the loader off as it has a BH, and wasn't as familiar with any quirks in the install process as I am with my 755. As I recollect it was always a 10 minute operation. I'm thinking I might try leveling the rear relative to front but I don't have room to get it on the pad. Thanks in advance.

/ 3720 300x loader mounts jammed during install. #2  
Sounds like something binding up real bad, and will take some force to get it loose.. that or loosen the frame mounts at the tractor and see if the frames will move enough to un-bind.

Pics of this may help with suggestions to fix.

Wish you well..

edited to change to correct identity "frames" as in #1 and #3.. if nothing else works.

Attachments

• 300CX_FEL_frames.jpg
    300CX_FEL_frames.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
   / 3720 300x loader mounts jammed during install. #3  
Have you tried to wiggle the bucket curl to see if that might unbind what is bound? Also, make sure the transmission is in neutral and the park brake is off so that the tractor can move with the change in loader pressure. Pictures would help.

/ 3720 300x loader mounts jammed during install. #4  
2006 3720 with 300x loader and 447 BH.

Anyone ever run into this and if so I'd appreciate a tip on how to unwind it or release front mount? In the process of reinstalling my FEL tonight I was able to latch and engage my front parking stand on front bracket before the rear mast and frame mounts were fully engaged in the seated position. When I was lowering the masts I did notice a slight shift to the side of the masts that affected alignment to the mount. My recollection in the past was that it would pull the mount into alignment as it contacted the mount. So in this present off alignment position I am not able to engage the rear latches that would indicate the loader is installed in position, nor can I uninstall it by extending the cylinder and raising the masts and lowering parking stand which is latched.

Not sure if the positioning of the tractor relative to loader may have caused this. The loader was on a level concrete pad while the back tires of the tractor were slightly off and maybe 2 inches lower than the front. That puts the tractor on a slight incline relative to loader. I don't normally use this as a staging area but I was short space, and had no problem taking it off.

It was likely a cockpit error because I rarely pull the loader off as it has a BH, and wasn't as familiar with any quirks in the install process as I am with my 755. As I recollect it was always a 10 minute operation. I'm thinking I might try leveling the rear relative to front but I don't have room to get it on the pad. Thanks in advance.

If I understand your situation correctly, you can't get the masts to lower down any further to seat properly on the loader frame mounts?

Is that a correct picture?

Can you use a jacks (Hi-Lift or hyd bottle jack) on each side of the loader boom arms (at the bucket pins) and lift the loader up and back onto the frame mounts?

Best of luck. Keep us posted.

/ 3720 300x loader mounts jammed during install.
Thanks for the replies. Here is followup.

Mentioned it to my dealer and they had their roving service truck stop by today. Service mgr seemed familiar with problem and said it would be a quick fix.Tech used a 5 foot pry bar with a bent fulcrum and bock of wood. The front parking stand was then pried off the front weight bracket moving it in the forward direction.

Once this parking stand was restored the loader was then uninstalled as normal and then reinstalled making sure the masts were kept in alignment and latches in place. I noticed my masts wanted to move laterally and slightly out of position to the outside during install. It is important they be kept in position during install and not to depend on design and weight of loader to pull them into engagement and proper alignment. Not sure yet the reason for this new install behavior of masts on my loader. The Deere tech didn't seem to think it was unusual. Important thing is to make sure they fall into position on mounting brackets before attempting to complete install. Hope all these words make some sense.

If I want to upload pics which would not be explanatory the best thing is sign in and compose on same device that holds the photo?

/ 3720 300x loader mounts jammed during install. #6  
If I want to upload pics which would not be explanatory the best thing is sign in and compose on same device that holds the photo?

I didn't follow that exactly, but to load a photo stay in TBN and at your quick reply just click the "Go Advanced" and additional options open in a new window. Click "Manage Attachments" and there you will see how to browse and add your photo's from your computer.
Hope this helps.