3720 taking forever to be built.

/ 3720 taking forever to be built. #1  

GeorgeC

Silver Member
Almost a month has gone by, and no sign of my tractor yet.
The dealer has taken delivery of every 3000X20 series, but says the 3720 seems to take longer.
Doesn't sound logical to me, but what do I know..
Anybody else waiting unusually long?
Thanks.

/ 3720 taking forever to be built. #2  
I know I am. But I haven't actually ordered anything....

/ 3720 taking forever to be built. #3  
Same here.... Placed my order in early April and am still waiting. The new deliver date is the 26th so we will see in a few days if this date is met.

-Adam

/ 3720 taking forever to be built. #4  
I ordered a 3720 on May 14 and am told delivery to the dealer will be June 13. You have me nervous now. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ 3720 taking forever to be built. #5  
Just a guess, but I suspect there is a big run on the 3720 due to the power in the mid-chassis and the price. A combination that is hard to resist.

Just thinking about keeping the dealers supplied with a tractor for their lot puts a big demand on a production line, IMO. Going by my old figures, the lines could (for the 4000 series) turn out 15,000 tractors per year in one shift. I don't know how many Deere dealers they have, just in the US, let alone Canada and other countries, but they can produce less than 180 tractors a day (three shifts), and that may have to include the 4x20's. Not aware of how the Augusta plant is handling the production, but I hope to get mine on order one of these days. My dealer has a hard time getting one for me to look at and drive (hope to do that today to get my gloves ordered at least /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif ).

Sure hope you don't have to wait long. We are anxious to see some pics of it arriving.

/ 3720 taking forever to be built. #6  
George,

What tires did you order? When I ordered my 3320 a couple of weeks ago with the larger R4's I was told that was the hold up and delivery would be mid June. They said everyone seemed to be ordering the larger R4's.

The dealer had a 3520 sitting on the showroom floor with the tires I wanted. So he ordered the 3320 with R1's and swapped them out. I took delivery last Friday. You may want to talk to you dealer and see if he confirms the tire situation.

Hope this helps!

Steve

/ 3720 taking forever to be built.
Steve, I ordered the standard turfs which I think are the tall tires.

Well, as luck would have it..
My dealer called and said that my 3720 just hit the ground, BUT.......no 72" MMM or 300CX yet.....

He said that these pieces are delivered quick, but I gotta wonder since they are delivered so fast, why weren't they delivered weeks ago when they should have been ordered..

Oh well, at least were going in the right direction..

/ 3720 taking forever to be built. #8  
I placed my order 3 weeks ago for a 72"mmm and I'm being told the end of June. My 3720 (standard R4's) is sitting on the dealers lot, with my 300CX attached. About a month ago, I spoke to another dealer who also couldn't find a 72mmm and told me "end of June".

For your sake and mine, I hope that your dealer is correct on the mower.

/ 3720 taking forever to be built. #9  
I ordered a 4720 March 25, and still no tractor. Dealer said venders can not keep up with demand for TnT, electric diverter and skid steer bucket carrier. They say mid June ??
I was told at the JD plant that presold units get the higher priority, not yet we haven't.

/ 3720 taking forever to be built. #10  
I'm not sure what options you guys ordered, but, My dealer down here in the south has sold a few already and had one in stock the last Saturday.

Want me to give em' a call and hold it for someone? I could keep it at my place until you come pick it up... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif