Price Check 3820 pricing

/ 3820 pricing #1  

carpenter383

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti DK40SE
I am a new member on here and don't yet have a tractor. This site has been very helpful. I've been researching tractors in the 35-40 hp range. I have basically decided branson is the 1 for me. Here is my question......I have 2 dealers within an hour away. Dealer A is the closest and wants almost 20,000 for a new 3820 with a fel. Dealer B is about an hr. And wants 17,900 for the same tractor. I told dealer A about the price difference, thinking he would beat dealer B's price, he told me that 17,900 is less than dealer cost and there is no way he could even match the price! Is he pulling my leg?

/ 3820 pricing #2  
I am a new member on here and don't yet have a tractor. This site has been very helpful. I've been researching tractors in the 35-40 hp range. I have basically decided branson is the 1 for me. Here is my question......I have 2 dealers within an hour away. Dealer A is the closest and wants almost 20,000 for a new 3820 with a fel. Dealer B is about an hr. And wants 17,900 for the same tractor. I told dealer A about the price difference, thinking he would beat dealer B's price, he told me that 17,900 is less than dealer cost and there is no way he could even match the price! Is he pulling my leg?

Which dealer do you feel most comfortable with?

Which one will be better able to help you should there be problems in the future?

The answers to these questions should help you decide if the $2,100 price difference is significant.

/ 3820 pricing
Well the higher priced dealer is closer, but smaller. Maybe I should ask this question....Do all dealers get the same prices from the branson distributor? Also If I did have a warranty issue would I have to go back to the dealer that I purchased the tractor from or will any Branson dealer cover warranty work?

/ 3820 pricing #4  
I went to a different dealer for less than half that amount of money, both 50 miles away, different directions.
If you have a trailer, an hour drive isn't that bad and that's only if you have a problem. If you can do your own service you probably won't need either dealer.
I have the 3510 and I love it! When you get done with your nessary chores you will look for other things to do! I let a friend of mine drive it and he could not believe how great it felt, he said it drives like a car.

/ 3820 pricing
I went to a different dealer for less than half that amount of money, both 50 miles away, different directions.
If you have a trailer, an hour drive isn't that bad and that's only if you have a problem. If you can do your own service you probably won't need either dealer.
I have the 3510 and I love it! When you get done with your nessary chores you will look for other things to do! I let a friend of mine drive it and he could not believe how great it felt, he said it drives like a car.

Thanks for the reply, I've heard many good things about branson tractors. I'm planning on getting 1 in the next couple months. I've been kinda holding out to see what the economy is gonna do

/ 3820 pricing #6  
Carpenter, where abouts in IN. are you located?
I have 2 Branson dealers closer in IL than the one in Indiana
where I bought my 4720 from.
Cost was my big issue also, I wanted all the tractor I could get
for the least amount of money!
And like yourself I have a shop and work on Jeeps so
doing my own maintenance is not an issue.
I really dont remember how much I saved but I know it was well over $2000!

/ 3820 pricing
Carpenter, where abouts in IN. are you located?
I have 2 Branson dealers closer in IL than the one in Indiana
where I bought my 4720 from.
Cost was my big issue also, I wanted all the tractor I could get
for the least amount of money!
And like yourself I have a shop and work on Jeeps so
doing my own maintenance is not an issue.
I really dont remember how much I saved but I know it was well over $2000!

I'm about an 1 1/2 hrs south of Indy....Do you know if there are any differences in the 3820, 4220 and the 4720 besides the engines? I'd like to get ag tires, but it looks like r4's stick out more, which seems more stable

/ 3820 pricing #8  
I would ask how long the prices are good for. With spring around the corner the buying season will start soon and hesitating might cost more.
When I want to buy something I will start thinking, TWO MONTHS!! They might all be sold by then!! ;)
I LOVE the R-4's very stable and the tractor looks so much meaner!

/ 3820 pricing #9  
Any difference, not that I know of....
Actually I have had both 3820 and now my 4720.
The 3820 that I had 1st had an issue, hard starts lots of unburned fuel.
Come to find out it had the wrong glow plug starter......
anyway I ended up with a 4720.
The only difference I know of is HP,
that being said it's hard to tell the difference in HP.
They both push and pull like pit bulls!
The 4720 has been flawless, no problems at all with the tractor.
I did have a hydo leak on my Back-Hoe but the tractor has been
all and more than I would expect!
All most forgot, I did notice both of my tie-rods needed to be
tighten up a little bit.
Gene

/ 3820 pricing #10  
I would ask how long the prices are good for. With spring around the corner the buying season will start soon and hesitating might cost more.
When I want to buy something I will start thinking, TWO MONTHS!! They might all be sold by then!! ;)
I LOVE the R-4's very stable and the tractor looks so much meaner!

Yep I'm with Stimw, R-4's are the way to go!