Price Check 3830 price check

/ 3830 price check #1  

jlemon

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota 3830 HST, 723 loader, HD QA bucket, 1 remote w/top cylinder
So I've been faxing a request for quotes to all the Kubota dealers that I can find in my area, and have finally gotten a few quotes back. I've requested a quote on the following:

Kubota 3830 HST-F, R4 tires.
LA723 Loader, 4 position valve,
Quick coupler, 72" HD bucket, wear blade,
2 3/8 grabhooks welded to bucket.
1 rear hydraulic remote and hydraulic toplink.
6' boxblade, 6' rotary cutter.
Kubota workshop manual & illustrated parts list.

For the above setup, I've received quotes of 23,370. 24,800, 24,900, and 25,250. Everyone is quoting me Landpride implements (BB2572, RCR1672) for some reason, which are coming in at around $1900 for both.

The dealer with the highest price is closest to me and has a nice shop, but won't budge on the price, I haven't tried negotiating with any of the other dealers.

However, for almost 2K price difference, I might as well just buy from the cheapest dealer and get it serviced wherever I want. The implement prices seem to be a bit on the high side; I'm not sure if this is just because its Landpride equipment or whether this is a normal price.

Anyone know good dealers in the Wisconsin area?

/ 3830 price check #2  
I am not sure this will help that much as I am in California, but I just came back from a Kubota dealer and obtained price quotes on 3130 and 3830 as follows:

L3830 GST with 723 loader and 72" HD bucket with cutting edge === $22,500

L3130 with same === $19,900

Adds: $350 for quick change coupler
$$425 for Industrial tires

Attachments: 72" SBX Box = $634
60" SQ mower = $971
2102 Post hole digger w/9" auger = $850

I told him it was important that he give me his very best price as I was going to be buying soon and would be comparing it to other offers and did not want to use the price he was now giving me as Kubota's "comparison price" if it was not the best he could do as that might mean I would be selecting another offer- perhaps in error. He said he "had a little room" but not a lot - I did not get a firm number. I had called a couple of other dealers - and recall getting a quote on a 3130 HST with 723 FEL with standard bucket for $21,500.

I like the Kubota products quite a bit, really liked the look of the FEL - looked very solid and substantial - more so than many others I have looked at (though C50 for Century nice too). But given prices of Kubotas here, I am still looking - also checking JD, Century and Kioti - but cannot find a Kioti dealer yet. Just found the Century dealer - and will be posting on that board re my experience there.

/ 3830 price check #3  
Ron, you need to buy one in Texas and haul it to Calif.
With just an inquiry and no negotiating or mention of add-ons, the local dealer here quoted $20,075 for the L3830 HST w/ LA723 fel. With your elevation changes, you should move up from the L3130. I hope to have a better idea of the real price after a face to face visit tomorrow when we can also discuss options. Seems like the prices are pretty good in Wisconsin too!
Skip

/ 3830 price check #4  
That is something to think about. . . While elevation change is from about 2400' to about 4200' the road to the top is winding but not very steep - faily gentle except one spot which I will be leveling out. The Kubota prices are what is moving me to Century or Kioti. I am going to take another look at a JD with 100 or so hours - not HST though - but powerreverser

/ 3830 price check #5  
Man, what is with these California prices? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I didn't pay $19,900 for my L3130 HST WITH all the add ons you listed. Tell the dealer to try again. My new L3130 HST with R4's, LA723 FEL, Bush Hog SQ600 5' Cutter with slip clutch, Bush Hog SBX720 Box Blade, delivery (70 miles one way), full tank of Diesel, and several gimmie hats only ran $19,200. I went with the standard bucket and no QA as I have no idea why I would ever need to take the bucket off nor do I need a heavy duty bucket for moving manure. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif And from what I can see of the "standard" bucket - it looks plenty hefty to me.

/ 3830 price check #6  
I an not sure what is involved with the prices here but I am going to ask the dealers. Now that you mention it I do not think I really need the QA, but will find use for the HD bucket - as want to bring in some rocks, boulders, etc and it seems deeper, with rounded back - also, the HD bucket comes with some other features - not sure if also come with standard. The standard bucket did look pretty sturdy, though.

/ 3830 price check #7  
With the rocks and boulders it's probably a good idea to go for the HD Bucket. I don't think there's a rock one on my place. The CFO and I were talking just the other day and commenting that we might just have to import some! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I think my land has been cattle pasture for the last 20 years or so (we just bought it last year). Near as I can tell, it's sandstone with two and a half feet of cow manure on top! Drains great and grows just about anything - 'cept rocks! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 3830 price check
I decided to go with the HD bucket because I have a lot of concrete I want to remove, and figured the stronger the better.

Go look at the MN State contracts which spell out the MSRP pricing for Kubota equipment. It appears that those Californa prices are pretty much full MSRP pricing; most places have 10% minimum markdown, with around 16% being a pretty good deal.

I also sent email to Carver Equipment to get a qote, and here's what they said:
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Regretfully, the manufacturer of the product you listed on the request form
(KUBOTA) is now discouraging Internet marketing and long distance quotes (
phone, mail, or email) of their new products. They've indicated that they want
shoppers to deal closer to thier home.)</font>

Meanwhile, I'm still trying to find a good implement dealer, as Landpride appears to be too pricey. The last dealer I talked to carries *only* Landpride, no Woods, Midwest, Rhino or otherwise. I think Midwest needs more dealers.

/ 3830 price check #9  
I just received a price quote for a new 3830 here in Oregon.

Kubota 3830 HST, R1 tires
Tires with tubes and loaded
LA723 Loader
72" HD bucket
3 3/8 hooks bolted to bucket.
6' boxblade,
Kubota workshop manual.

$23,590

Add 5' Woods medium duty rotary cutter for $1,450

This is my third round of negotiations with this dealer. I expect that this is close to his best price. Cost does include delivery and first service.

I will probably take this deal assuming financing works ok.

7sam15

/ 3830 price check #10  
Jlemon,I'm not far from you.I've checked with all the dealers in the area in the last couple of days.Give me a call and we'll compare notes.For some reason it won't let me send you a pm.(836-4442)-craig