Sickle Bar 3PH PTO type sickle bar mowers

/ 3PH PTO type sickle bar mowers
Hey Dozernut, Don't give up so easily. Remember Earl Q. Twinbly? Of course you don't, he gave up! Now then Thomas Alva Edison, is remembered. He failed thousands of times to construct a successful filament for his electric lamp thingy but mostly is remembered for the one that worked. Sometimes, flying in the face of common wisdom (shared misunderstanding?) one ataboy wipes out a thousand OH SH--S.

In my desperation to acquire a good working, relatively inexpensive, but field ready sicklebar mower, I signed up to bid on eBay for the FIRST TIME. Used Ford 501 (I think) went for $485 last night (I bid $480), too much methinks but I got carried away. I checked Sweets (THANKS FOR URL!) but the two that they listed on their web site as not sold yet were in fact already sold. Oh well. Still looking. I guess $500 isn't too much to pay if I didn't have to pay shipping and could pick it up within a couple hundred miles (round trip in a day with no RON).

Electric co guys, 4 guys in three trucks, hit the ground running and in a few minutes had a pole in the ground with a deadman and guy. What a team, everyone was doing his job and helping others when needed, made me feel good to watch. More typical is 3 guys watching 1 guy work. What has this to do with sickle mower? The pole is adjacent to the fence line and the deadman/guy is less than a tractor width from other side of the fence. Won't be able to get 6ft brush hog in there and I hate weed eating. I bet I could get most of it with a little carefull balet work in the Kubota WITH a sickle bar.

Patrick