3-Point Hitch 3pt Adjustment (shackes)

/ 3pt Adjustment (shackes) #1  

rdinatal

Gold Member
Tractor
Old: 2016 eMax25s HST, New: 2017 Max 26xl HST
I'm sure the answer's here. I searched but came up with a zillion posts...

I have the scrape blade level. In general, how should the 3pt be adjusted (smaller limit shackles)? Should the arms be somewhat loose or very loose?

It seems there should be some side to side movement but how much is enough?

-R

/ 3pt Adjustment (shackes) #2  
I never liked side to side if it cold be helped. On my Fords, the arms are limited by chains linked from the arms to the rear of the main frame casting. If you get them too tight when the implement is at "half mast" it won't go all the way down. Other than allowing for that tight is what I like.

looking down the road at today's tractors where you either have a pinned bolt setup where you drop a pin when the right holes line up to set the distance or there is a turnbuckle where you can wrench the arms down tight it says that no side to side movement is what is the norm.......does to me anyway.

/ 3pt Adjustment (shackes) #3  
My Kubota manual says to leave em loose for a plow & subsoiler but to leave them tight for most everything else.

/ 3pt Adjustment (shackes)
Thanks for the input. I spent a while testing out different adjustments. It seems to be best with just a bit of side to side play. As I use it I'll be checking for any binding when up or down.

-R