3pt Help!

/ 3pt Help!
I see 2 things first the draft engaging lever is in auto draft position up (3pt control wont work) that's the one on the right rock shaft needs to be flipped down to use the draft lever. And the little lever for the lowering speed under the seat on top of the 3pt control block is set to far back that is if its anything like mine it needs to be either in the middle or a bit forward. hth

Fact there is another thread on a 336 3pt problem on here that we helped another guy and I posted some pics on mine maybe that will give you a better idea. I start of by telling the guy the wrong info I didnt have my tractor nearby but the next page I mention how it should be fwtw. hth

Oh and there wont be any downward force only lift force these are not power down hyd systems.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/yanmar/279732-yanmar-336-three-point-hitch.html

I usually have the drft control down but in that position I only had about a 3" range of motion on the position lever before the 3pt would raise all the way to the top. Im pretty sure I've got it all worked out now. Thank you all for the help.

Chris

/ 3pt Help! #12  
I usually have the drft control down but in that position I only had about a 3" range of motion on the position lever before the 3pt would raise all the way to the top. Im pretty sure I've got it all worked out now. Thank you all for the help.

Chris

Welcome! Do you mind sharing what you found? We all use this forum as a resource and as of late there seem to be quite a few 3pt threads looking for help you may well have info that could help the next guy might even be me never know! :thumbsup:

/ 3pt Help!
Welcome! Do you mind sharing what you found? We all use this forum as a resource and as of late there seem to be quite a few 3pt threads looking for help you may well have info that could help the next guy might even be me never know! :thumbsup:

What I think happened is I the draft control (stupid option in my opinion) half way engaged itself the last time I used the hitch. This caused the feedback rod to get out of adjustment. How I fixed it was disengage draft control, set the position lever all the way down the manually manipulated the feedback rod in order to get the 3pt to the fully raised position, at this point I pulled the position control to the rear position where it should be for the fully raised position. All works fine now. Any questions just ask.

This was just one of those weird things that took a little thinking to figure out. You all got me on the right track with the feedback rod though. Thanks!

/ 3pt Help! #14  
Ok that sounds like something that could happen to any of us glad you got it thanks for the update! :thumbsup:

I experimented with mine at first thinking that it would be a cool thing to have operational. I spent quite a bit of time messing with it I either had it too sensitive or not enough and I gave up. Its fairly involved making all the settings to spec.

Granted it could be useful if a person had long stretches of ground to work which I dont other than my driveway and I use a heavy drag on it. I am with you on it being an option that is probably not getting a lot of use here in the US just my guess?

/ 3pt Help! #15  
Thought dragft cntrol was just for plowing? You turn it off for most implement use..

/ 3pt Help! #16  
Thought dragft cntrol was just for plowing? You turn it off for most implement use..

In the rice paddys where these came from they use tillers mainly. But yes you are right it wouldn't get a lot of use except plowing or tilling or box bladeing.

/ 3pt Help! #17  
A lot of the rice paddy tiller draft controls were hooked up like mickeyfx did his. That is a cable that goes from the tiller to the three point control. That is the way my 2002d draft control is suppose to work although I have never tried to do it and won't. Just from my reading your larger models draft control is different.

/ 3pt Help! #18  
Yeah ours uses the tension actually put on the lift arms to adjust the depth, you set the depth first and then flip the lever btw . The lift arms essentially work backwards on the control when its engaged the harder the load pulls down the more it raises the arms.

There is a 3 position spring for lack of better terminology the top link is attached to that gives the "reading" to the draft control rod assy. For all other uses the top link is in the top (less movement) position.

/ 3pt Help! #19  
Yeah ours uses the tension actually put on the lift arms to adjust the depth, you set the depth first and then flip the lever btw . The lift arms essentially work backwards on the control when its engaged the harder the load pulls down the more it raises the arms.

There is a 3 position spring for lack of better terminology the top link is attached to that gives the "reading" to the draft control rod assy. For all other uses the top link is in the top (less movement) position.

Now that is a good explanation of how it works. :thumbsup: