3pt hitch and log mover

/ 3pt hitch and log mover
Thanks one and all for the feedback. It is six years later. I have dragged some oak trunks, some maple, some lighter woods. I have filled my military trailer full of uncured firewood. I pulled with chains on those hooks many times. It's a handy setup. I drilled holes in the bottom for a ripper and I use a potato plow down there to break up garden plots. No problems. My neighbor got his 24 foot camper/trailer stuck on his lawn while turning it with his RAM Diesel. That thing has me a little bit light up front, but again...slow does it. Nothing bent or broken of even close.

Since then I emptied the CC ballast from my rear tires and learned to remove a 12.8x28 tire off the rim which is a killer. One of the rims was pretty bad on the inside with rust so it was replaced with a Titan rim. I did electrolysis on the other wheels and both fenders. After cooking in that brew, just powerwash removes everything but metal. I pickle with phos acid, it's like the old school soak in molasses. Prime and urethane paint. They never left the factory looking that good, because Ford did not have that paint technology in 1979. Did the brakes, added a worklight.

I thought I'd regret not having an all wheel drive tractor but is never been the case. I also am glad I have a diesel. Sometimes I see a 5600 with a cab for sale somewhere and get the idea of getting one to putting a A/C on there and drive it around town.., but I don't have a building with a door that tall. I notice the price for these old fords starting to climb too.

/ 3pt hitch and log mover #22  
Neat tool...

You can lift the end of a log and still pull it from the fixed draw bar with another chain..
Much safer to pull with the drawbar, and easier with the log end up even just a little..
The log end doesn't have to be lifted as high as possible..

Unless you have a strap on dolly for the far end, the log will still gather dirt that needs washed off before cutting and splitting..
Keep safe..

/ 3pt hitch and log mover #23  
IMG_0252.JPG

/ 3pt hitch and log mover #24  
This is what I made to pull logs out of bush. I also use it to move trailers around. its simple easy and works well. I back up to log with it in down position , once it touches log I use my log tongs and hook to chain from top, lift until front of log is up and then drag. No problems and have taken out lots of big logs out of bush.

/ 3pt hitch and log mover #25  
This is what I made to pull logs out of bush. I also use it to move trailers around. its simple easy and works well. I back up to log with it in down position , once it touches log I use my log tongs and hook to chain from top, lift until front of log is up and then drag. No problems and have taken out lots of big logs out of bush.
Good setup for stuff you can drive close to.