3pt hitch rate-of-drop valve stuck - JD 3025E compact tractor

/ 3pt hitch rate-of-drop valve stuck - JD 3025E compact tractor #1  

NickBlade

Tractor
Yanmar F22D, JD 3025E compact
I found the handle of my JD 3025E compact tractor 3 point rate-of-drop valve completely unmovable when I tried to open it today. Read several posts about others having the same issue. They were on older tractors and caused by rust and/or debris (grit) from age. They were loosened with penetrating oil and lots of back and forth open/close movement. Mine is only three years. Hard to imagine that it's rusted or corroded and I haven't ever moved it before so unlikely that grit has gotten onto the threads.

It's not a round handle like on my Yanmar F22D, it is a vertical post with a horizontal bar through the top at 90 degrees. It's clearly designed to be turned by hand. I couldn't get a pair of pliers on it so I had to tap it with a sideways hammer to get it to open. It barely moved. Any ideas on what's going on here or how to investigate it? Now that it's opened a bit, 3 point drop rate is too fast with implement and I need to close it some, but I don't want to beat on it any more; especially in the closed direction.

Thanks for any ideas!

/ 3pt hitch rate-of-drop valve stuck - JD 3025E compact tractor #2  
Now that you've gotten it to move I would keep soaking it with a good penetrating oil like Kroil. Then see if you can get any movement, even a 1/8-turn is progress. If you haven't moved the knob in 3 years that is likely the cause of the problem. These ROD valves like to see regular lubrication (as mentioned in the manual) and regular turning. Lack of use is the number-one cause of failure.

/ 3pt hitch rate-of-drop valve stuck - JD 3025E compact tractor
Thanks J - without any other plan, that'll be my approach.