3pt problem on 3203

/ 3pt problem on 3203 #1  

BeezFun

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B2710
My neighbor has a JD 3203 that I borrow so I'm trying to help him. The 3pt lifts very slowly and leaks down fairly quick, say in 2-3 minutes with ballast weight on it. If I close the drop rate valve while it's in the up position it will stay up, but as soon as the valve is open the 3pt will drop. The front loader hydraulics work normally. The tractor is well maintained, has about 1000 hours, hydraulic fluid and filter were changed this past summer. I can't think of anything simpler than the seal on the hydraulic cylinder for the 3pt being the problem. Any suggestions on what else we can try. tnx

/ 3pt problem on 3203 #2  
the rock shaft control linkage probably broke the roll pin [very common ] its all the linkage under the seat from the contol handle to the valve [ deere parts has a good picture ] the linkages get tight and the pin breaks so the valve never gets a chance to close all the way easy clean fix about 3 hours for the 1st time and $1 in parts and a can of good penetrating oil heat the shop up and take it apart its simple nothing to screw up ! where are you in il. ? im in northern il. mchenry area

/ 3pt problem on 3203
the rock shaft control linkage probably broke the roll pin [very common ] its all the linkage under the seat from the contol handle to the valve [ deere parts has a good picture ] the linkages get tight and the pin breaks so the valve never gets a chance to close all the way easy clean fix about 3 hours for the 1st time and $1 in parts and a can of good penetrating oil heat the shop up and take it apart its simple nothing to screw up ! where are you in il. ? im in northern il. mchenry area

Thanks, once I move all the crap he has stuffed under the seat I'll check that. We're in unincorporated DuPage county, Wayne is the closest town, then St Charles, so pretty close to you.

/ 3pt problem on 3203
... its all the linkage under the seat from the contol handle to the valve [ deere parts has a good picture ]
You got me in the right area, this model doesn't have a roll pin but I'm pretty sure what happened if you look at this parts diagram, the nut part#9 has fallen off the tube part#13, so the handle isn't moving the control valve through it's full range. My neighbor is gone, I'll show him what's wrong and he can fix it. tnx

/ 3pt problem on 3203
   / 3pt problem on 3203 #7  
could be just the #9 nut or the #18 roll pin like i said its a common thing

/ 3pt problem on 3203
could be just the #9 nut or the #18 roll pin like i said its a common thing
I put a small vise grip on the tube and turned it, that caused the 3pt to work properly. If I hold the vise grip and move the lever, the lever moves but the tube stays still. So I think I got lucky because the nut seems easier to replace than the roll pin. For now the only thing on the tractor is the ballast box, so I left the vise grip on the tube to keep the 3pt in the raised position until we get it fixed. If we need to lower the 3pt we can raise the seat and use the vise grips.

/ 3pt problem on 3203 #9  
because the nut seems easier to replace

Is the nut missing?

If not, a pic of what you see would be helpful.

/ 3pt problem on 3203 #10  
nice to get lucky and simple fixs once and a while. happy new year