3pt quarter inching for scut units. how do you do it ?

/ 3pt quarter inching for scut units. how do you do it ? #1  

AxleHub

Elite Member
Tractor
Massey scut 2015 GC1715
Greetings,

While bigger tractors have position control for their 3pt units, the GC series like most every other SCUT nowadays has quarter inching. The last position control 3pt on a SCUT I'm aware of was the Yanmar cub cadet sc2400 and sc2450.

So my question is, how do you use quarter inching? I don't see anything in the manual about it and moving the 3pt lift up and down is just moving it . . . I see no 1/4 inching control capability.

Yes I see the turn knob for slow or fast 3pt movement. . . But again that isn't quarter inching either.

Anybody have input or ideas getting quarter inching to work?

At least the manual has something on float control for the fel. . . 3pt control is just not clarified.

/ 3pt quarter inching for scut units. how do you do it ? #2  
Greetings,

While bigger tractors have position control for their 3pt units, the GC series like most every other SCUT nowadays has quarter inching. The last position control 3pt on a SCUT I'm aware of was the Yanmar cub cadet sc2400 and sc2450.

So my question is, how do you use quarter inching? I don't see anything in the manual about it and moving the 3pt lift up and down is just moving it . . . I see no 1/4 inching control capability.

Yes I see the turn knob for slow or fast 3pt movement. . . But again that isn't quarter inching either.

Anybody have input or ideas getting quarter inching to work?

At least the manual has something on float control for the fel. . . 3pt control is just not clarified.

This all must be in "secret code" known to "GC" owners and sc2400 files.
"quarter inching" means absolutely squat to me.

/ 3pt quarter inching for scut units. how do you do it ? #3  
This all must be in "secret code" known to "GC" owners and sc2400 files.
"quarter inching" means absolutely squat to me.
A quarter inching valve is just a up or down valve for the three point hitch. Unlike on the bigger tractors, it doesn't have a set number where you can put the lever and you know that the 3 point hitch will go to the same height every time. It's cheaper to produce and they use it on most smaller tractors.

Aaron Z

/ 3pt quarter inching for scut units. how do you do it ? #4  
I experimented when I first got the BX years ago, then haven't used it since.

If I remember correctly...
The lever bracket has some adjustable stops. You pull the lever sideways toward you, then up or down to tap the stop. When adjusted right, the hitch moves about 1/4 inch per tap.

Bruce

/ 3pt quarter inching for scut units. how do you do it ? #5  
As for the original question, I tend to just bump it up and down a little bit or hold it all the way up or down depending on how far I want to go, just like I do with the hydraulic remotes on our other tractors.

Aaron Z

/ 3pt quarter inching for scut units. how do you do it ? #6  
Simple solution could be static setting using Check or Stay Chains... I'm in process of putting together my own concept of check chains to set static heights of rear implements since my tractor does not have any real "limiting" controls...

Dale

Last edited:
   / 3pt quarter inching for scut units. how do you do it ? #7  
My B7200 (orange ;-) Has a short length of chain fixed to the left side 3pt arm. There is a chain hook bolted just above the tractor top link pin bracket. It's a simple matter to set any any fixed position by placing the correct chain link in the hook.