3pt Wood Splitter

/ 3pt Wood Splitter #1  

SevenCorners

Silver Member
Tractor
Jinma 224 2004
I was just curious if anyone has bought a 3pt wood splitter from TSC? Our local one has one left over from last year at a pretty good discount and I was thinking about buying it, will it work and if so what parts do I need to get, if any? What is your opinion of it is it hard to work with, do you feel tied down, I use my tractor to drag logs back for splitting, with log splitter on 3pt it might be harder....

/ 3pt Wood Splitter #2  
I bought that splitter...splits everything that I have thrown at it...

You need remote hydraulics on your tractor...I picked up a set of 20 foot hoses and couplers when I bought the splitter...set the splitter by the wood shed, drag/carry on the forks the logs up to the splitter, cut to lengths, hook up the hoses and split merrily away, and then just stack the wood in the shed.

Tried carrying the splitter down in the woods and kept catching the angle iron legs on trees and the brush....found it easier to just keep the splitter stationary and bring the logs out to it...

YMMV
GareyD

/ 3pt Wood Splitter
I missed it! I was too slow in getting there, had a goat break a leg. Maybe next time,

/ 3pt Wood Splitter #4  
I recently purchased the TSC 3 point splitter for my Jinma 284. I am very pleased with the splitter so far. It splits anything I put in it's path. I find having the splitter mounted on the 3 point hitch very convenient.

I connected the splitter into the existing pump and added a valve at the back end of the tractor for general purpose use with attachments. This hookup is a little slower than the stand-alone splitter I used to rent from Home Depot for $100/day, but since I'm not paying by the hour any longer this is no problem.

Tim Kirby

/ 3pt Wood Splitter #5  
Hi,Tim
curious to know that rpm you run the tractor engine at,for the log splitter. thanks yugo

/ 3pt Wood Splitter #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( curious to know that rpm you run the tractor engine at,for the log splitter. )</font>
I'd recommend setting the hand throttle to where the tach indicates the PTO is turning at 540 rpm. If the wood splitter works off the tractor hydraulics, that's where the pump is working most efficiently. If the wood splitter is PTO shaft driven, that's where it's own hydraulic pump is likely designed to work best.

On your 2425, I'm pretty sure 540 rpms corresponds with a green mark on the tach.

//greg//